New macbook, not looking so new!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Slipmip, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Slipmip macrumors newbie

Jul 21, 2006
    So i just opened up my new black macbook, to find the top all scratched up. I'm ***** pissed. I mean how bad is their quality control when they don't even notice huge scratches over about 4 square inches on the top. I'm now on hold waiting to be served by a representive. Not happy with apple right now at all.
  2. sierra oscar macrumors 6502

Apr 23, 2006
    South Australia, Australia
    sorry to hear this - takes the shine off the new purchase I bet - hopefully you will get it rectified.

just curious - did you get a stock item or was it a BTO (adding RAM etc)?

not that this is an excuse, but may explain why as some careless tech has fumbled about to do your custom install.
  3. Slipmip thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 21, 2006
    Nope, just a stock blackbook. Only thing extra i ordered was a mini dvi-vga cable.

Also, the guy I called at apple care was a real d-bag. I ordered the computer through my school's computer store and the guy at apple care was like "nope if you want a student disount you have to order it through us over the phone". As if I was lying to him about how i got my computer. Basicly the guy treated me like a was a criminal commiting fraud and didn't believe a word I said. Thankfully the woman at the computer store gave me another number to call. So looks like they just going to swap it our for another one.

All's well that ends well.