New Macbook owner

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Peteybiz02, Feb 29, 2008.

1. macrumors member

My Macbook was just delivered to me about a half hour ago. I'm all set up and ready to go, I figured I would post here since you guys helped me out a lot prior to my purchase (and I'm sure you still will). Everything seems to be running smoothly, no problems that I can see. I am a new Mac owner in general so am just getting used to things. If there's anything you think I should know lay it on me! Thanks guys/gals! :apple:

2. macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Congrats on your new Macbook, and on your conversion to Mac. I did the change the beginning of Sept. with a 24" iMac. I added a Black Macbook the end of November.

The Mac system:apple: and Leopard are SO much easier than Windows. The learning curve is actually very short. You will keep telling yourself. Wow, that was easy, or Why didn't Microsoft think of that. Enjoy your new Macbook. You made a excellent decision. :)

3. macrumors G5

Consultant

Congrats! Mac laptops don't really need to be shut down. Just shut the lids if you are done using the MacBook. Open the lid to get back.

Mac 101
    http://www.apple.com/support/mac101/

Don't keep it plugged in all the time. I usually run on battery down once a week and recharge.

Read the relevant guides on the top (yellow section):
    http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78

Wrap your battery cord as shown in the picture. Look for two small tabs (some call wings) that fold out for you to wrap the cord.

Attached Files:

4. macrumors member

I was wondering what those two flip-out things were on the adapter! And also thank you, I was going to ask about shutting down or if I should just close the lid. I've been reading Mac101 a little at a time and it definitely helps, thanks again!

5. macrumors 68000

Welcome to the world of Mac! Congrats on your purchase. Be careful. Apple products tend to multiply very quickly. I started out with an iPhone last fall and look at me now. :)

6. macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

If you're like me you'll spend four days looking for the delete button :eek:

Best of luck, hope you really enjoy it, it's a wonderful machine.

7. macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Hi Pete...

did you get the Apple Remote shipped with yours? I know with my now 2-day old BlackBook 2.4 250GB, required that I purchase one separately for $20.66 OTD. Nice purchase! :cool:

8. macrumors regular

MacDaddy08

Once you go Mac, you'll never go back.

A quote I love:
    "While Mac users swear by their Macs, PC users swear AT their PC."

9. macrumors member

No I did not get the Apple remote with mine. I saw it there for the extra $19 or whatever but I figured I probably wouldn't really use it. If I find myself needing it I'll just go pick one up at the store, no biggie.

This is a great machine so far, thanks for the comments!

10. macrumors 65816

DaBrain

Aghh I see ya got yours! WTG! You'll Love the MAC. I converted a little over 2 years ago to an iMAC and I will NEVER go back to a windows only platform. IM still waiting for my refurb Blk MacBook to get here.

You'll be amazed just how easy installing and uninstalling programs are. Take advantage of time machine.

Im just as happy today as I was when I first got my iMAC! OSX Rocks! And that's from some one that's 55!--))))

Best of luck with your new Mac!
    ;)

11. macrumors 6502a

iJesus