NEW MACBOOK PRO 2.16 or 2.33??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hubble, Sep 4, 2006.

  1. hubble macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2006
    #1
    Hi. Having just sold my Powerbook G4 I was literally in the process of buying a new MacBook pro 2.16 when I heard that apple were about to launch merom 2.33. is this correct?? and if so how much is this machine likley to be.

    Should I wait and hold out or go the the current Macbook pro 2.16

    Comments please
     
  2. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

    FadeToBlack

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2005
    Location:
    Accoville, WV
    #2
    Yeah, I figure Apple will be putting Merom in the MacBook Pro shortly, so if you can wait, go ahead and give it a couple of weeks and see if they update 'em. There's supposed to be a Special Event on the 12th. Apple may announce Merom MacBook Pros there.
     
  3. applemax macrumors 65816

    applemax

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2005
    #3
    Hey,

    Apple are almost certain to release a new MacBook Pro in the coming weeks. They're holding a special event on September 12 which may hold the new models. So just wait a little longer. Also, it'll be a Rev. B rather than A model so it won't have any of the glitches that the current model has. :)
     
  4. daneoni macrumors G4

    daneoni

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2006
    #4
    Thats the rumor, if you can wait till Sept 12 wait if not buy what you need now. 2.16 should be more than enough.
     
  5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

    Eraserhead

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2005
    Location:
    UK
    #5
    noone knows it'll either be this tuesday or next (probably)...
     
  6. hubble thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2006
    #6
    I think I'll wait and hold on and see what the out come will be.
     
  7. tartansparkle macrumors newbie

    tartansparkle

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2006
    Location:
    Scotland
    #7
    Just when I thought everything was all good on my future purchase I see this talk of updated MacBook Pro. I am about to get a 17" MacBook Pro here in Scotland in the next couple of weeks. Can someone explain to me what this Merom is and what this potential MacBook Pro announcement may be? I am totally lost on this subject. I was planning to order mine on the 15th September, suppose you say it is better to go with (as I understand it, an improved update of the current model?) will I then have to wait even longer to get hands on it?
     
  8. extraextra macrumors 68000

    extraextra

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2006
    Location:
    California
    #8

    Merom should be in the MBP's by Sept. 15. Search for Merom and a ton of threads will come up.. Eidorian (I think) wrote a guide on it. Here!
     
  9. amin macrumors 6502a

    amin

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2003
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    #9
    Good decision!
     

Share This Page