NEW MacBook Pro Dead Pixels!! :( Advice? Options?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by scrauny, Nov 21, 2006.

1. scrauny macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Yesterday I excitedly opened my new MBP 2.33Ghz, and soon found it had a couple of dead pixels. I've tried the massaging and colour flashing tricks, to no avail, so they're definitely completely dead. Only one of them is really annoying me though. I'm in the UK and I bought the Mac off the Higher Education store, so it took 2 weeks to get here.

What advice do people have? Am I able to exchange it in an Apple Store, or will I have to send it off? If so, can they replace it whilst I still have this one? Will they even replace it at all? And is it worth replacing it?

Thanks!!

Shaun

2. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Complain. Be nice but firm with them. My PowerBook had one stuck red pixel. Apple exchanged it without question. Ignore talk of policies etc., this is an expensive piece of kit and should be perfect.

Good luck ;)

edit: Apple sent a replacement before collecting the original

3. iGary Guest

iGary

Good advice.

If the first person you talk to says it is "within spec," ask to speak with someone else.

4. scrauny thread starter macrumors newbie

Easy peasy!!

Well that was easy. The sales rep was pretty vacant but a new one is coming - just hope this one isn't even worse!! lol

They're gonna collect by TNT in 2 days and then bring the new one over - so might be a few days without it but hey ho.

Cheers guys!