New MacBook Pro when Leopard is released?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Icculus23, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Icculus23 macrumors newbie

I have been waiting to buy myself a MBP until Leopard is released... with the likely end-of-march release date, do you expect an updated hardware system as well? I am not sure what type of updates/price changes/etc. to expect...

2. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I think it wil only be a small update that Apple don't even mention. Like an updated screen with the same specs, except that it will have LED backlighting. Maybe an updated type of processor, the C2D 7XXX type instead of the 6XXX.

3. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

I,m also waiting with my purchase. I would not cout on too much though. But LED screen would be welcome as well as magnetic latch as MB has. SSD as an option would be a dreamed upgrade but dont thibk that could happen before May/june

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

the problem is that unless they're going to do an update with no processor bump, there can't be an update. There just aren't faster chips to use. I guess they could do an update with the screen/graphics/mag latch/user-swappable HD, but I don't see it. I think we'll only see new MBPs when Santa Rosa is available, which won't be for a while yet.

5. macNEWBIEswitch macrumors newbie

I'm sure this is common knowledge, but I haven't been on the forum for a month, when do you think Santa Rosa will be available.

I, too, have been waiting for at least Leopard but thought Santa Rosa would be coming close to the same time. What are we looking at here?

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the macbook pros already use the t7400/t7600 core 2 processors (2.0 ghz macbook uses t7200). as others have already said, there is no faster merom chip available to use. so if we see updates before santa rosa, there won't be any speed bump. new lcds perhaps?

7. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Relying from memory here, but I don't think that LED displays with comparable specs as the current displays will be available by late March.

8. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

We have no clue when Leopard will be finaly avalible, but I still think that will come together with Pro upgrade. :cool: