new macbooks before christmas?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by plunar, Nov 1, 2006.

1. plunar macrumors 6502

plunar

just wondering.... the wife is complaining about her ibook screen being too dim, slow, blah blah blah.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Though probably before XMas, if not, certainly at MWSF.

4. esabourin macrumors member

i worked for apple but got fired a week ago. :( they're gunna be out tonight.
    JK haha.
    dud enobody knows,,but i think it will be in november for sure, maybe next truesday

5. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

3 Tuesdays from now, because Apple knows that the 3rd tuesday is the day before my birthday and that i've been waiting 4 months for a macbook. Trust me on that.

6. whawhat macrumors 6502

when they do update the macbooks (i think before xmas makes sense), does anyone think they will up the hard drives as well. for instance, the black is at 80 gb = do you think they will be 100 gb standard?

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

That's certainly a reasonable guess...they usually try to bump at least the hard drive, and sometimes the RAM with each revision. They did it with the MacBook Pros, and with the new drives that have been released since the MacBooks were introduced, there's a lot more capacity to be had. You won't be seeing the 200 GB option from Apple, but it would be perfectly reasonable to see the current options bumped up by 20 GB each.