New MacRumors features

Discussion in 'Community' started by Megaquad, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

yesterday,i was lurking some time on spymac.com and i find gallery and those web shouts very interesting,it was almost boring to come back to macrumors.com (/me activates shields :p)
    of course..they are all pretty lame and talk about g15's so I came back to my favorite smart macrumors guys :D
    actually,i'm about to make some suggestions for MRs
    -some kind of chat feature,it would be great to make #macrumors irc channel somewhere (DALnet?),java applet for accessing it through site is easy to establish (there are many free applets for that purposs)
    -pictures forum:accept threads,preview of those pictures are shown too
    what do you say arn? ok..this second may be too difficult but chat is so easy too make.. and everyone would have more fun on macrumors!

2. ArtMan617 macrumors regular

I have just one suggestion...allow bigger sized avatars (20k isn't enough to truly express ourselves) and maybe allow them to be bigger (80x80 pixels?).

-ArtMan617

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

after looking around the board and seeing all the avatars and you say that the current restrictions 'don't allow us to express ourselves', i think you might have to look again.

then go check out all the entries for the avatar contest - please. Besides the limitations actually make you more creative in my opinion.

spymac and macrumors are two different sites, what appeals to people at spymac keeps them there and the same goes for here. i don't think the way the site looks should be all that big an issue.

D

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

How big a bandwidth hit would that create?

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It could be significant - and one of the reasons they're at 20k as it is.

6. ArtMan617 macrumors regular

Okay...I take back my comment about the avatars...they're perfect the way they are...

-ArtMan617