NEW Mail arrives in my TRASH...WHY?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ellepace, Jun 17, 2011.

  1. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2010
    Location:
    Texas
    #1
    I realized this past week I was not getting all my normal mail. Then I got the letter from me.com to clean out backlogs as I was at 15mb of mail. SO I did. I cleaned down to 2 mb of mail.

    On my mac mail program I have my aol acct coming in and my mac mail coming in. I have had this working perfectly for four years with out a hitch...until I cleaned out the backlog. Evidently for the past week or more NEW MAIL has been going into my TRASH and not arriving in my inbox. I am receiving only about 40% of my mail in my inbox and the other 60% is going to TRASH. It is mixed both AOL mail and mac mail.

    I do know how to set preference for RULES but none of this has been altered. I checked it all.
    Any IDEAS??? I have to check my trash before I check my inbox.

    Elle
     
  2. macrumors regular

    unkn0wnsoldier

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2009
    Location:
    Fountain, Co
    #2
    If they are going into the trash folder, you can select your messages and mark them as "not junk". Then they should go into your inbox from now on.
     
  3. macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2002
    Location:
    Holland, MI
    #3
    Your junk mail setting may somehow be set to put spam directly into the trash.
     
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2010
    Location:
    Texas
    #4
    No choice of selecting "not junk"

    Seems now only MAC mail is going into the trash can over the past 24 hours.
    There is not a choice of not junk, only mark unread, flagged, or as junk. AOL allows those choices if you are signed into AOL but I have received my aol via MAC for four years with out this happening.

    My junk mail is marked... "Mark as junk mail but leave in INBOX"... but none of it is going there.
     
  5. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2010
    Location:
    Texas
    #5
    Incoming unread mail to Trash

    As the NEW INCOMING mail goes into my trash first... it is strange after I read it and hit delete it shows back up in there again as read. Still trying to figure this out.

    Could any of this be set from me.com? My settings here have not changed.
     
  6. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2010
    Location:
    Texas
    #6
    Are there not some Mac experts out here?

    This is one week into a nightmare of NEW MAIL arriving in my MAC trash instead of in my inbox. I have changed nothing and the only thing preceding this was cleaning out 15mb of mail. I could use some HELP???:confused:
     
  7. macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2011
    #7
    Check the rules in the mail see if there is a rule saying all incoming mail move it to trash
     
  8. macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2009
    Location:
    Near London, UK.
    #8
    I'd start by inactivating all rules, then add them back one at a time seeing what happens each time as new mail arrives.
     
  9. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2010
    Location:
    Texas
    #9
    More info on the trash

    TRASH is the main and then it lists:
    mac account
    on my mac
    my aol act

    The mail is going unread into the ON MY MAC account listed under TRASH.
     
  10. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2010
    Location:
    Texas
    #10
    I went into RULES and looked at the last three I had added. I have adjusted several of the new ones and am hoping that will do it. I deleted a quarter of them as well.

    Fingers crossed!

    Laurie
     

Share This Page