Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedVirus

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2012
God! this app better be good well worth the wait! still 610K in front of me and 180K behind me now.

jacobss

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2012
Netherlands
I finally got the app today, but it doesn't seem to have sound or notification banners/alerts, it only shows the badge on the app icon? anyone know something?

edit: when sending emails to myself (hotmail to gmail) it only shows the badge number on the app icon, when I received an email from yahoo answers it did make a sound.

Last edited:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I finally got the app today, but it doesn't seem to have sound or notification banners/alerts, it only shows the badge on the app icon? anyone know something?

edit: when sending emails to myself (hotmail to gmail) it only shows the badge number on the app icon, when I received an email from yahoo answers it did make a sound.

Settings-->Notifications-->Mailbox. Check to see if it has notifications turned on and sounds turned on.

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
No aliases for Gmail account - minus
No other accounts than Gmail - minus
Some one the emails are displayed incorrectly, while Sparrow/Mail.app does it great - minus.
Attachment download is slow - minus.

I can't see why it is better than Sparrow or other mail app.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
No aliases for Gmail account - minus
No other accounts than Gmail - minus
Some one the emails are displayed incorrectly, while Sparrow/Mail.app does it great - minus.
Attachment download is slow - minus.

I can't see why it is better than Sparrow or other mail app.

I tried it for 5 minutes. You can't label anything (Gmail labels, despite the fact that the app only supports Gmail...). Went right back to the Gmail app.

zobby

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2011
Same here - I was very disappointed. Even the stock Gmail app is better than this.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I don't get it. It's just yet another email client. Why wait?

Why not wait? It's free, and you lose nothing simply by leaving it installed in your iphone (stuff it in a folder if you don't want it cluttering up your homescreen). It's not like queuing up for tickets to a concert where you literally have to put your entire life on hold. :)

NedBookPro

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2011
Once you get the app if you do a complete restore without using a backup you lose your app.

Yes, but you don't lose your spot in line.
I was worried about that when I did a restore, but it left off where I was.

Last edited:

Iluvtattsnpink

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2013
Does anyone know average time it takes to get to actually get the reservation spot. Just curious. I downloaded app a week ago and still at 653,079 have 184,024 behind me.

Boredathome

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2013
Canada
Does anyone know average time it takes to get to actually get the reservation spot. Just curious. I downloaded app a week ago and still at 653,079 have 184,024 behind me.

About 2 weeks ago I was at around 450k in front and 0 behind (when I first got the app). Now, I'm at 89k. The rate at which the reservations are being granted you should be in no later than 3 weeks I'd say.

tigertazz

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
Really really disappointed with it. You can't label, no notifications and it wants to tell you how many emails you have (even when they've been read) this will be getting deleted today.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
My word hasn't the world got very demanding. A free app makes you wait a little bit of time and we expect it to change our lives! It has its faults but these issues will be addressed like every other app in time.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Really really disappointed with it. You can't label, no notifications and it wants to tell you how many emails you have (even when they've been read) this will be getting deleted today.

You can create lists, which I find incredibly useful. Create lists, and then swipe too add to your lists? Simple and easy.

It does have notifications (for new emails, as well as emails you've snoozed). Make sure you go into settings and have notifications enabled for mailbox.

And in the app settings (swipe right from your mailbox, all the way at the bottom go to settings), you can change what the badge count is for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.