New mario: one copy sold every 4 seconds...

Discussion in 'Games' started by DEXTERITY, Jun 15, 2006.

1. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

I know this litterally hasn't happened but if you take all the copies sold over a little bit less then a months time, it comes out to the following:

"Nintendo reports that the new Mario title has sold at a constant rate of one copy every four seconds since the game went on sale on May 15th."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=17716

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It's a new "strict" Mario game. did you expect anything less?

strict as in non-sports, non-fighting, just plain old Mario.

4. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

That is amazing. They must be abosultely pumping those little cartridges out of the factories.

Incidentally every 4 seconds is how often I think about playing my DS while I am at work.

5. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I have been playing mine non-stop since i got it on tuesday

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yup NSMB is awesome but right now I find myself slipping into P.Wright....its very addictive.

Bless

7. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I bought one when I got my lite. Beat it yesterday. Its insanely easy if you use your stored power up right.

I have the Mario 64, which is my all time favorite mario. But the controls are so messed up. And not entirely easy to hold the DS so you have access to all buttons at the same time.

8. sk1985 macrumors regular

Damn thats pretty surprising. It's not as good as the older titles in the series, but it's still one of (if not the best) platform game out for the DS. I'd say those sales are well deserved. I can't wait for a sequel.

9. hellodon macrumors 6502

wow! it's fun too. i beat it in a night though which was a bummer. i'm now going back and getting all the big coins and going to 4 & 7 but i was bummed out that it was short enough to beat in 2 hours.

10. laidbackliam macrumors 6502

i was playing around on a ds lite at best buy, and was tempted to buy it just for that game.

WAY TOO MUCH FUN. needs to come out for gamecube/wii as well.

does anyone know if the old mario games are available for gamecube?

11. Tehy macrumors regular

This game looks really cool! I might buy one if I first buy DS :)

12. Phobophobia macrumors 6502

No. Old Mario games are available for the Game Boy Advance. Your best bet would just be to get a Wii and buy the old Mario games for it.

13. DEXTERITY thread starter macrumors 6502a

If you have a gamecube you can buy the gameboy player (allows you to play gba games via gc) and buy the old GBA games you want.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Aye, I drifted from my GB Player but I saw my Cube this morning and thought "damn, Castlevania Aria of Sorrow would look so awesome on that" :D after playing on the dull SP screen.

15. mechamac macrumors regular

I loved that game, can't wait for a sequel.

NSMB is just right for me, just like (oddly) Resident Evil 4. Not too hard, not too time consuming, loads of fun, high replayability....an excellent game.

16. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

I'm not surprised, I haven't been an avid gamer since I was 13 (no offense to anyone who is) but after seeing the website for the game I was tempted to get a DS Lite and that game.

17. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

im not really surprised. kids (and NES-age adults)love mario even if it hasnt been good since 1996 (i think that is when Mario 64 came out) and since the ds is cheap and mario is cheap it will sell well. I refuse to buy it simply because Nintendo keeps putting out new versions of their systems and trying to soak people for money :mad: and even their ad campaign, "Give dad your old DS and Brain Age and buy a new one for you!" Come on...

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea unlike Sony who fail to admit any of their hardware flaws, or who release slimline versions of consoles...

I suppose you don't have a computer either. y'know. I might buy one today, or I might wait until next week for the PowerBook G5 I keep hearing about. But I could wait 2 weeks for the PowerBook G6... Or in 4 weeks I could buy...

:rolleyes:

Theres a bit in Final Fantasy I "don't save up your special items, live loosefully!" or something like that.

19. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Just bought a DS and the new Mario. Hope I like it... Haven't had a handheld nintendo since the original Game Boy... Sold my PSP to get the DS lite!

20. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

You Nintendo fanboys :rolleyes: Sony did release a slimline, what 4 and half years later? not a year and a half later with no price cut. And why compare consoles to computers?, computers have always updated fast, seems like the second you buy it its outdated.

21. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Nintendo released a new version that is lighter, brighter, has more color depth, and thinner, and is simply replacing the old one at the same price. It's a simple upgrade. Would you rather them just keep the same system on the market? Decent upgrade, no change in price.

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Sounds like he would. Newer tech is available for a better experience at the same price. What would you rather Nintendo do? At the time of the DS launch (or just before in manufacturing) the DS fat screen was average. It was there to test the waters, to gauge public perception. Low and behold, even an ugly horrible machine outsold Sony's sleek offering. Just showing the power of the games on the system. So what do they do? "cheers everyone! heres your reward incase you haven't bought one or need a new one! and its the same price!"

... hold up. Nintendo only do this in the handheld scene, and only because the hardware in that scene is updated often. The way the sikkinixx makes it sound is Nintendo upgrade everything in "Nintendo keeps putting out new versions of their systems". Yea. Just like the Gamecube Lite, and the N64 SP. :confused:

I suppose Sony and other people don't try business tricks like this. Like paying over the odds for a cheap system, or paying to play online, or released 2 versions of an original controller (Xbox 1), or building faulty hardware so people buy new ones (PS2 laser?).
    He better not buy a PS3. What with it being "a computer" with "upgrades". :rolleyes:

23. DEXTERITY thread starter macrumors 6502a

not to mention Sony released a slim line version of a 4 year old machine and it still has (had, I think they finally re-did the inside of the slim line one) just as many hardware issues (over heating, fan issues). Now thats quality control. Furthermore, they took out support for the hard drive many people purchased for Final Fantasy and Socom. Also, it was released as the same price as the ps2 prior to it. The price drop on the ps2 just happened recently...

24. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

so in the time it took me to read this thread they sold 30 copies... wow...

25. 7on macrumors 601

7on