New MBP...Anyway to set a moving desktop image?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Vegeta-san, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

Like a picture of the Superman logo full screen waving like a flag in the wind or something....Except this isn't a screensaver...But the actual desktop. Anyway to do that? Wish I weren't such an OS X noob. But give it time...

2. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

In Jaguar there was a way to set the sreensaver as your desktop, but it ate system resources. Of course, that was a G4-800. Anyways, I know *something* can be done but I don't know *how*. Sorry not to be of much help, but maybe you'll be able to refine a google search down a little.

3. PillarFan1 macrumors member

4. iBecks macrumors 6502

5. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

I too concur with the use of Backlight. Although, it does consume a bit of system resources; on my iMac G5 makes the fan run somewhat high.

It is a nice "wow," however.

6. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

I don't believe Backlight will do what he wants to do. Backlit uses a feature from Unix I believe that takes your screensaver and makes it your Desktop. His file isn't a screensaver file as he stated in his original post.*

Backlight is an awesome program though... :D

7. Vegeta-san thread starter macrumors 6502

Good catch. You're right. But that Backlight program does look like it will kick ass....I'll d/l it anyway, but does anyone know of a program that lets a user selectable image do something like that? Like wave in the wind?