New MBP Core 2 Duo In WinXP Pro + Bootcamp 1.1.2. Need help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 5150 Joker, Nov 1, 2006.

1. 5150 Joker macrumors member

For those of you that are using the new MBP + newest bootcamp, I have a couple questions:

1. How do you configure the trackpad's sensitivity (cursor moves when i'm typing because my thumbs hit the trackpad) and how do you enable left click?

2. Are the fans turning on for any of you in XP? The lower left part of the MBP is getting warm (probably from the HD) yet I haven't heard the fans kick on yet.

3. I have two device issues in system manager:
    a) I have an exclamation mark next to USB Human Interface Device with the Device ID of: USB\VID_05AC&PID_8240\5&11730951&0&2

b) I have an unknown PCI device with the following device id:
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A3&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&38

Does anyone know what those devices are and whether or not I can get drivers for them?

Thanks.

2. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

i have bootcamp installed and play source on it. I noticed it does get hot and the fans speed up accordingly, but it still gets warm.

When i quit out of cs:source i hear the fans slow down.

edit: when i noticed the heat, i propped the rear up on a thin paperback book.

3. 5150 Joker thread starter macrumors member

Are you able to left click with the trackpad or even configure it in Windows? I hate how the cursor moves around when I'm typing because my thumbs hit the trackpad. BTW if you don't know already you can update the old ass ATi drivers bootcamp has with the Catalyst 6.10 off ATi's site. To install them you just gotta extract the exe and then manually force the driver install.

4. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

the new release says that they have the alt. click somewhere, but i havent gone and looked for it. I might note that during installation of the mac drivers i got the BOSD in windows. I think it didnt install some utilities, but it still works. I might try installation again.

I didnt know about updating the catalyst drivers. thanks.

5. bhullar macrumors newbie

PCI device in Mac While Installing XP Pro on Mac

b) I have an unknown PCI device with the following device id:
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A3&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&38

Its a Apple Null Driver which is for Apple Performance Counters... Hope this helps...:):apple: