New MBP + Logic 8 + Apogee Duet

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Big Boss Man, Oct 28, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

Is anyone using this combination yet? Any problems?

2. macrumors regular

All three intergrate with each other like no other its the perfect combo. If you can afford it go for it!

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, that is the idea, but is there someone here yet who is actually using Logic 8 and the Duet with a new MBP? The new MBP only has FW 800 so some sort of adapter is now needed. Perhaps a little step backward in integration. I was hoping to hear a first hand account from someone with a new MBP.

4. macrumors regular

I contacted Apogee and they said there won't be any issues if you use a 400 to 800 adapter or cable.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I saw a statement from Apogee saying there should be no issues. I was hoping to hear from an end user though who is actually using this combination. Please post your good or bad experience with the new MBP, Logic 8, and a Duet. Thanks.

6. macrumors 68000

Loge

When my new MBP is delivered I will let you know. :)

Apogee's e-mail and the fact that this always worked fine out of my FW800 port on my old MBP, means I'm not expecting any issues.

7. macrumors regular

You guys got an Apogee from e-mail about the no FW 400 on MBP thing and compatibility of the Duet with FW800?

8. thread starter macrumors regular

9. thread starter macrumors regular

That would be great. Please do report back with your results. Thanks.

10. macrumors 65816

Luap

You have nothing to be concerned about at all. The Duet is known to work fine with FW800 ports (It certainly does on my iMac FW800 port) and the Duet is also know to work very well with Logic 8. All in all it will make for a great package.

11. macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Even though the old MBP had 2 FW ports (8 & 400) it still had only one bus (800 which could be dummed down to 400 when that port was used). So other than removing the extra port nothing has really changed.