Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luminosity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Arizona
Well, for the first time in my life, I own a computer that is at the high end of what's available. It's a 2.33 C2D MBP, and I'm pretty pleased with it so far. It's a refurb, but it's obvious that I'm the first owner of it. If I'm not, Apple must have a way of removing any trace of previous ownership, and I'm not talking about the hard drive.

I've been slogging my way through the web by using an original Pentium Pro, P3 600, 733 (for over five years) and most recently, an iBook G4. The latter was a step up, but this is like an elevator ride to the top of the Sears Tower.

So, I'm glad to join the ranks of MBP owners, and for the first time, I feel like a real Mac owner. Not that I wasn't before, but it feels more authentic now.

phil83

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2006
Washington, DC
Congrats

Cherish the feeling. It's not every day you have something that is at the top of technology. I have the same MBP, and I still get amazed at the different things I can do, and for one all of the free and very good software available. Congratulations!

RojoLeo

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2007
Austin, TX
Well, for the first time in my life, I own a computer that is at the high end of what's available. It's a 2.33 C2D MBP, and I'm pretty pleased with it so far. It's a refurb, but it's obvious that I'm the first owner of it. If I'm not, Apple must have a way of removing any trace of previous ownership, and I'm not talking about the hard drive.

I've been slogging my way through the web by using an original Pentium Pro, P3 600, 733 (for over five years) and most recently, an iBook G4. The latter was a step up, but this is like an elevator ride to the top of the Sears Tower.

So, I'm glad to join the ranks of MBP owners, and for the first time, I feel like a real Mac owner. Not that I wasn't before, but it feels more authentic now.

Awesome. Now update your sig! :D

luminosity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Arizona
She sure is a beauty :).

I've never had this kind of speed at my disposal, or RAM. Or just about anything else. I can't get over how bright and crystal clear the screen is.

luminosity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Arizona
I'm posting this particular message with it. It needs some repair work, and it'll go to a family member after that.

macsr4all

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2007
Calgary, Canada
She sure is a beauty :).

I've never had this kind of speed at my disposal, or RAM. Or just about anything else. I can't get over how bright and crystal clear the screen is.

I have a question for you, I'm a newbie to mac and am thinking of purchasing the MBP, but can't decide on screen size. Do you find that you're 15" is a sufficient size or would the 17" be better?

appie57

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2006
Netherlands
15" or 17"

I have a question for you, I'm a newbie to mac and am thinking of purchasing the MBP, but can't decide on screen size. Do you find that you're 15" is a sufficient size or would the 17" be better?

17" can serve as a desktop replacement (that's what I have) if you have not to lug it around too much. 15" better for portability. I love the extra real estate 'cause I use it a lot for photography, but when we travel we'll take the 15" of my girlfriend:)

luminosity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Arizona

The 15'' is plenty. It's a beautiful screen, as I mentioned earlier. Granted, I'm switching from a relatively ancient 12'' iBook G4 design, but it's great on its own merits as wel.

luminosity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Arizona
Two months later, I am 100% satisfied with my purchase. Francie (its name) has been great, with the maddening spot of dirt on the screen the only thing that's been a problem.

I'd buy it all over again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.