Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FragTek

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Just noticed this update in my software update list along with 10.4.7... Has anyone installed this and check out what it does yet? I'm about 2 mins from getting 10.4.7 downloaded and installed.

I'll report back about the new firmware update just as soon as I get rebooted :)

Hope this update gives us fan speed control!!!!!

FragTek

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Peace said:
If anybody here is running a dual-boot with "Vista" only..You WILL need to wipe your HD and reinstall OSX for this firmware to work properly.
I don't see anything new? Is there a way to manually control fan speeds now? I haven't noticed anything different after the update :(

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
FragTek said:
I don't see anything new? Is there a way to manually control fan speeds now? I haven't noticed anything different after the update :(

I don't understand you're quoting me..From your sig. it looks like you're dual-booting XP and not Vista.

FragTek

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Peace said:
I don't understand you're quoting me..From your sig. it looks like you're dual-booting XP and not Vista.
I'm asking if you've seen anything new with this firmware release... Not dual booting Vista here so I should be ok, correct?

FragTek

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Well crapola! I was hoping to see some manual fan speed control ability with this firmware update :(

I wish Apple would explain in more detail about what the update actually did rather than just "adjusts the fan speed behavior". Does this mean... fans kick on at lower temps? Fans kick on more often, less often? Is it designed to help fix mooing, what?

Let's not be so meek with the update descriptions Apple, c'mon!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.