Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
Hey I want to upgrade my powerbook to a MBP but want to w8t till they come out with faster ones than they have now. Has any one heard of any rumors that they are putting faster chips in them?

thanks,

Jonathan

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
There isn't anything faster on the market (short of Quad core Intel, which would have a 20 minute battery life and feel like an open fire on your lap), so no, there won't be a faster Macbook Pro in the near future.

Buy it now.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
the MBPs available today are amazingly fast. the first ever MBPs available were amazingly fast, compared to their predecessors.

buy now.

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2004
word. thanks

Dont buy it unless you want a world of problems. Buy a PPC Mac and wait for them to fix all the bugs. If you consider it slow, weigh your options; Do you want a fast POS laptop. Or do you want a bullet proof slower one? Choice is yours friend. ;)

Legolamb

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2006
North of where I'd like to be
There is nothing immanent. You have to ask yourself why you need one now, what you are using it for now, what you plan to use it for in the next little while. Getting the newest computer sucks because you're basically beta testing, and the applications aren't optimized for them.
Apple will always come out with something better, faster, and cheaper, usually on a Tuesday:D .

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
umm I have a PPC so ur not really making any sense.

I want to wait because when I bought my Powerbook two weeks later the MBP came out. I got screwed haha.

Yeah I don't need it now. I meen it would be cool to have one now but.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
I've used a Core2Duo MacBook Pro, and it's really great. There are loads of problems with my MacBook Pro, tonnes of them (see other thread), but the Core2Duo one felt miles faster, cooler and generally much better refined.

That'll teach me for buying a Rev.A computer again...

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
i have absolutely no problems with my CD MBP. Apple is good about support - especially now that they've made the switch to Intel. they don't want to leave any of their customers in the dark.

don't be scared off by tales of bad machines. yours may be flawless. mine is.

Legolamb

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2006
North of where I'd like to be
I've used a Core2Duo MacBook Pro, and it's really great. There are loads of problems with my MacBook Pro, tonnes of them (see other thread), but the Core2Duo one felt miles faster, cooler and generally much better refined.

That'll teach me for buying a Rev.A computer again...

It took every ounce of self control to wait until I got my C2D MBP in Nov.06 rather than the earlier ones. Ahh, delayed gratification really works;)

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Dont buy it unless you want a world of problems. Buy a PPC Mac and wait for them to fix all the bugs. If you consider it slow, weigh your options; Do you want a fast POS laptop. Or do you want a bullet proof slower one? Choice is yours friend. ;)
there is nothing wrong with the current C2D out right now. All my machines i have are intel and they work great. Seems like you've had this attitude for a long time considering how old ur machine is.....you'll probably never upgrade.

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
umm I have a PPC so ur not really making any sense.

I want to wait because when I bought my Powerbook two weeks later the MBP came out. I got screwed haha.

Yeah I don't need it now. I meen it would be cool to have one now but.

You bought an Apple product two weeks before Macworld? ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.