New MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BigJohno, Jan 21, 2007.

1. BigJohno macrumors 65816

Hey I want to upgrade my powerbook to a MBP but want to w8t till they come out with faster ones than they have now. Has any one heard of any rumors that they are putting faster chips in them?

thanks,

Jonathan

2. BigJohno thread starter macrumors 65816

Never mind some one had the same question below me. My bad. lol

3. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

There isn't anything faster on the market (short of Quad core Intel, which would have a 20 minute battery life and feel like an open fire on your lap), so no, there won't be a faster Macbook Pro in the near future.

Buy it now.

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

the MBPs available today are amazingly fast. the first ever MBPs available were amazingly fast, compared to their predecessors.

buy now.

5. BigJohno thread starter macrumors 65816

6. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Dont buy it unless you want a world of problems. Buy a PPC Mac and wait for them to fix all the bugs. If you consider it slow, weigh your options; Do you want a fast POS laptop. Or do you want a bullet proof slower one? Choice is yours friend. ;)

7. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

There is nothing immanent. You have to ask yourself why you need one now, what you are using it for now, what you plan to use it for in the next little while. Getting the newest computer sucks because you're basically beta testing, and the applications aren't optimized for them.
    Apple will always come out with something better, faster, and cheaper, usually on a Tuesday:D .

8. BigJohno thread starter macrumors 65816

umm I have a PPC so ur not really making any sense.

I want to wait because when I bought my Powerbook two weeks later the MBP came out. I got screwed haha.

Yeah I don't need it now. I meen it would be cool to have one now but.

9. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

I've used a Core2Duo MacBook Pro, and it's really great. There are loads of problems with my MacBook Pro, tonnes of them (see other thread), but the Core2Duo one felt miles faster, cooler and generally much better refined.

That'll teach me for buying a Rev.A computer again...

10. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i have absolutely no problems with my CD MBP. Apple is good about support - especially now that they've made the switch to Intel. they don't want to leave any of their customers in the dark.

don't be scared off by tales of bad machines. yours may be flawless. mine is.

11. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

It took every ounce of self control to wait until I got my C2D MBP in Nov.06 rather than the earlier ones. Ahh, delayed gratification really works;)

12. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

there is nothing wrong with the current C2D out right now. All my machines i have are intel and they work great. Seems like you've had this attitude for a long time considering how old ur machine is.....you'll probably never upgrade.

13. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Same here, it almost killed me... but it was well worth the wait

14. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

You bought an Apple product two weeks before Macworld? ha ha ha ha ha ha.