New MBP's still have grainy display problems?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CaptainCaveMann, Feb 16, 2007.

1. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Just wondering since apple halted production of its MBP's addressing this issue, if the problems have been fixed? I realllllly want one... :D

2. phineas macrumors regular

phineas

Not from what I have scene, at the local apple store

3. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Do you really want it that bad? 6-8 weeks down the road you may be kicking yourself when new LED backlit models roll out with 6-8 hours of battery life and flash memory cache and a much improved GPU.

4. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I would say 6 to 8 Months from now and I wouldn't be sure about it!

5. insomniac321123 macrumors 6502

I got a new C2D right before christmas and i dont see anything wrong with my screen. It is beautiful. Dont worry about whats coming down the road. Get it when you need/want it. There will always be something bigger and better coming.

6. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

8 months later Dells would be shipping Penryn chips that run cooler for $1000 alongside Apple's ancient MBPs going for 3 times that :rolleyes:

I don't care how good OS X is. But I doubt Apple can afford to loaf off to that extent ;)

7. nazmac21 macrumors 6502a

nazmac21

Just forget about the problems aready. Don't think about problems when you buy a Mac. Those problems are a thing of a past. It's pretty safe to buy a MacBook or MacBook Pro, right now. I really want people to FORGET
    about the problems of the Intel Macs

8. InSaNeCyAnUr macrumors member

Will the Peryn ship be better than what Santa Rosa has to offer us?

9. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Definitely.

The smaller process means lesser heat and lower power consumption, and that is only the tip of the iceberg.

10. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Is there anything ever positive in your world or is everything dark and gloomy with a chance of the sky falling into apocalypse?

11. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Huh?

Where did that come from?

I was not the one who suggested that Apple is going to take 8 months to release. I am putting my money where my mouth is and I am selling my own Macbook Pro now in preparation of a April/May release.

Oh and don't worry, even if Microsoft buys Apple over and a few hundred million dorks worldwide commit suicide (doubt they have the guts to do that really), 97% of the world will still continue to tick on very nicely. No apocalypse.

12. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Many of your posts just seem to be so negative. There is always a problem or something is not right or Apple did't do or won't do whatever. Its depressing. Case in point the last paragraph of your last post. Why? The man is not out to get you down regardless of what you think.