New member here

Discussion in 'Community' started by xFU3Lx, Jun 3, 2005.

1. xFU3Lx macrumors member

May 24, 2005
    I recently won a 15" G4 Powerbook at the Tiger release at Apple store in Charlotte. I came with a friend thats a hardcore Mac fan. He told me to register here, so whats up guys! This is my first Mac and I LOVE it. I've been using Windows all my life, and I'm amazed at how much better this OS is. Everything works together so perfectly. I've turned to the dark side :D No more PC's for me.
  2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says...welcome aboard...keep your hands inside the car at all times while on the ride..heheheh....but seriously, have a read through some of the sticky threads at the top of many of the forums. Learn to use the search feature to answer most/many of your questions...this is a great community and we welcome any positive contributors.....the learning curve is not very steep and for many "newbies" it does not take very long to transform from "asker" to "answeror"....oh yeah!
  3. killuminati macrumors 68020

Dec 6, 2004
    Welcome, and congratulations on your win! That is a pretty awesome prize to walk out with.

You'll find that people on these forums are generally very kind and helpful unless you don't learn how to use the search feature. Before you ever make any thread you should do a search for it. The built in search engine isn't very good so I just use this . Just leave a space after then type in your search.
  4. The Past macrumors 6502

Aug 17, 2004
    Perfect! And now I can not sleep :(

Seriously, congratulations and welcome!
  5. dubbz macrumors 68020

Sep 3, 2003
    Alta, Norway
  6. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    That seems to me like you've turned to the light side, away from the evil galactic empire :p
  7. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Since you won the 15" PowerBook G4, it would seem that you were destined to be using a Mac. Welcome and congratulations xFU3Lx. Now that you have left the dark side, you now know the joy of using a Mac. May the force be with you always. ;)