New Microsoft Intellimouse for Bluetooth Problem

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by mrviga, Nov 4, 2004.

1. mrviga macrumors member

I just got the new model bluetooth mouse from microsoft with the tilt wheel technology and I can't seem to get it to work with my Mac. I don't get it, the old ones worked just fine, why won't this one? Help, please... :)

Thanks,

Joe B.

2. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

What exactly is the problem? just that it won't connect at all? Does not work once you've connected? Also, what have you tried?

I don't know much about this stuff, so I won't be much help, but these things might help other people...

3. mrviga thread starter macrumors member

Ok, so I got it to work, but it's not really legit. What was happening is I was trying to pair it up just like any other mouse using the bluetooth wizard in OS X. However, it would always hang when it would try to make the connection. This time, I tried to make the connection, and on the connection screen I clicked the bluetooth icon in the menu bar and selected "browse devices." Then I clicked search. When I did this, the proceed button on the connection screen became active and now it works. The performance leaves a little bit to be desired, but it works.

4. mpw Guest

I had similar problems getting connected and then staying connected. Throwing away then USB adapter that came with the mouse and reverting to a Belkin item cured the problem. The Belkin can also be used from the USB ports on my keyboard whereas the MS one had to be in my iBook.

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

yeah, I have an old style MS bluetooth mouse, and it worked great with my old 12" PB that had BT built in, but now that I have to use an adapter with my G5, I have some complaints. :(