New Microsoft mice

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Guntis, Jul 10, 2004.

1. Guntis macrumors member

Guntis

Today I ran across this news article from Microsoft:

Hmmm... Some years ago I read somewhere similar advertisement: "Sorry, No Beige!" I just can't remember who was that advertiser. Now I read in this Microsoft article about "a new graphic pattern created by Microsoft designers with a circular blue, gray and white patterned finish." I am puzzled -- again I have seen this color combination somewhere. I just can't remember where... ;)
    Recently Apple asked Redmond to turn on their copy machines, so they probably did :)

Here are links:
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2004/jul04/07-08StarckMouse.asp
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2004/jul04/07-08StarckOMPR.asp

2. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

ahhh! F***! M$ does it again!!!!

aaarrrggghhh!!!!!!!

the pic of the mice in the first link looks like a cross between a regular Apple mouse and the macmice one...

if you can hear me M$, damn you!!!

3. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

yeah but the MS mouse looks better than the MacMice one. Of course they didn't design it they had to hire some famous designer to come up with something that has probably been mocked up allready over at SpyMac....

4. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Yea, I think the sliver version is much uglier than the white one.

Now that I realize it, all mice tend to look somewhat alike... :rolleyes:

5. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

the three mice at the top of this page look nice (mouse over the word "Mouse" to see the three neat mice). however, when you click the link for mice, none of those three neato mice is available for sale (at least as of when I looked).

edit: ok I took another look.. the one in the foreground is the "Wireless Optical Mouse" in "Groovy," and the one with the Matrix-like pattern is the "Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer" in "Night Vision." The blue-patterned one in the middle is the "Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer" in "Immersion." my bad. they look a lot better in profile than in the birdseye shot.

6. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

The one thing M$ can do is make some good mice... Thats about it.

Yup, a multi-billion dollar mouse company. :rolleyes:

Oh and Dungeon Siege was pretty fun. :D

7. Fukui macrumors 68000

Fukui

Thier mice are actually pretty comfortable, I was gonna buy one until I read about a company suing them for co-opting thier design quite a while ago... they were actually supposed to be partners.

I think I'll stick with my sony mouse... who ever heard of "mouse innovation," so stupid!!!

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

That mouse look's exactly like the turds I'd expect the Sony Aibo to leave around the house if the robodog had that capability.

9. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

are they wireless RF or bluetooth? i assume wireless RF from the pricing. the selection of bluetooth mice sucks. You have two choices for a mouse with more than TWO buttons, Logitech or Microsoft. Both are ugly, but I like these new designs. Heres hoping for bluetooth.

10. sonyrules macrumors regular

none the less, they look cool. But being microsoft, they probley become unstable and crash internaly or something along those lines

11. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

I usually like Starck's stuff but the silver plastic on this mouse just looks cheap, maybe it's just my anti M$ bias however. Mice need to start looking of better quality after all good ones are pretty damn expensive.
    Why don't griffin make one like their powermate, now that would be nice.