New Mini Boxes?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jimsowden, Jul 24, 2004.

1. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

I was looking at the pictures from the release of the iPod mini in the Ginza store, quite impressive. Anyway, I noticed that the box was different from the ones that were shipping here ini the states (notice how I said were). We have a square box, almost exactly the same size as the regular iPod box. The new ones seem to have one side the same, but then one short side, this makes sense because the ipod mini is smaller than the iPod. What i'm getting at, if anyone here has gotten one from the apple store really recently, what does the box look like? Also, I would just like to see the some good pics of how they are packaged this way, if anyone would be so kind. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Island Roots macrumors regular

[​IMG]

I wonder how much value that shelf is holding.

3. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

How come they are super stocked with minis by apple if they having hard times to ship minis to people. Me goes back to listen to new 4g 20 Gb ipod. Which the battery is going on 10 hours+.

4. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

I was wondering the same thing. That is an enormous amount of inventory. Where did you get these pics?

JOD8FY

5. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

The iPod Mini was delayed until this month over here. The US got all its iPod Minis first, so I guess it's Japans turn now

6. jimsowden thread starter macrumors 68000

jimsowden

I really want to see some pictures, and I know people in these forums have them.

7. jimsowden thread starter macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Here is a better picture of them, this one from the UK. So boxes outside the US are different, but that still begs the question, are they all this way now. I see no reason why not.

Attached Files:

8. jimsowden thread starter macrumors 68000

jimsowden

9. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Finiksa

There was a queue of 1500 people long outside the store, I'd hate to see the riot if they hadn't had enough stock.

10. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

only at macrumors do we drool over boxes...hey, I'm not saying it's just you. It's me too, but I think we can all agree that we are definitively mac dorks (and proud of it). :D

11. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

Very true, very true... :D

JOD8FY