New Moto RAZR2 to be iTunes compatable

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jimsowden, Sep 26, 2005.

1. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

According to Appleinsider the next version of the Motorolla RAZR phone will include a slew of features, one of which will be iTunes compatability similar to that of the current ROKR. For me, this couldn't be better news. I've wanted a RAZR or an iTunes phone, but couldn't justify getting one with my perfectly functioning samsung with that ass ugly ROKR.
    [​IMG]

2. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

a iTunes Razor would be awesome

i would definitely grab that way before i even think of the current train-wreak

3. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Any words on what else is new in the RAZR2 ?? It seems to look a lot like the current RAZR, hopefully it will be smaller, and without a huge bumper at the bottom. Looking at the photos it doesn't look like this will happen though.

4. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

it looks a bit thinner (assuming those are photos of new one)

5. jimsowden thread starter macrumors 68000

jimsowden

They are.

6. Supa_Fly macrumors 68030

Supa_Fly

Not sure where you got that info but the new RAZR or RAZR2 is long in the tooth ... albeit info for months before the ROKR deal was even planned or announced.

The RAZR2 is supposed to be for the European market and support 3G and a TransFlash slot (MicroSD). as well as a 2 MP cam and internal VGA cam on the bevel swivel between the flip lid & the top of the dial pad.

EDIT >> http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/moto_2005_07/index.php?p=v3x

Link is from the same source as the original that you & Appleinsider had gotten it from!! :p

Check it out on gsmarena.com mobileburn.com & even on mobile-review.com (click english link on top left corner of this last site as natively its in Russian).

Me I'm skipping this product.

For a music phone that syncs and gives a better user experience goto Nokia's European site and check out the new 3250 or wait for the N91 (4GB internal HDD) Symbian OS smartphones baby, no limits of applications and fully iSync'able!

7. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

8. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Oooooooooooooooohhh.

Now, I'll buy one of those. They can keep the ROKR.

9. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

but is going to be a little fatter o well, im not getting one i like ROKR if verzon had it and i coudl get a new phone i would get one!

10. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

You're talking about the V3x which ISN'T the RAZR2. The V3x has been shown for months, whereas the RAZR2 is still supposed to be hush hush.

My contract is up for renewal so if this is out within a month or two I'll get it, otherwise I'm totally undecided on which phone to get!

This RAZR2 still only holds 100 songs so the link says :( and only a 1.3MP camera.

This photo http://www.howardchui.com/images/scottnews/previews/razr2/top.gif shows the RAZR2 which as you can see is different to the V3x shown on the left of this photo http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/moto_2005_07/img_0286/v3x/p1030202_605.jpg

11. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

That's not the new Razr. The new one has 2 cameras. One for video and the other for a 2 MP camera.

Attached Files:

12. ph0rce macrumors 6502

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Whatever. It's going to look like a RAZR with slight differences. We get the gist.

And there isn't much wrong with the ROKR's feature set. It's not an expensive phone, and is competitive for the price. Problem is that I want iTunes on a BETTER phone.....maybe the BEST phone by Moto, not the one in the middle.

14. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Sorry pallie, that's not the new RAZR. Check out this. It does support iTunes, but only has a single lens, for a 1.3 megapixel camera that should record video as well. A few specs were divulged at MOTONOW, the camera being one of them. And the new RAZR will actually be slightly thicker, NOT thinner, than the original V3.

15. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

actually, The phone that you showed is the CDMA version of the the Razr (Razr V3x) not the Rarz2

16. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

I think indeed there appear to be different versions on the horizon.
    There has been pics / rumours of the 3G version...
    but also there are at least two new colours of RAZR coming out before Christmas I remember seeing... pink is one (EWWW!).

Let's hope they have iTunes, but also an upgraded GUI!
    Upgrade the GUI and I might think about it...

otherwise SE will get my money again.

17. doucy2 macrumors 65816

doucy2

do you think the razar2 will work with sprint pcs if it does ill get one
    bt im def not going to change my service