Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrianSalts

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Crazy new pictures with new info on the specs at:
http://www.spheredesigns.net/blog/?p=198

What do you guys think? I think it looks a bit chubby but otherwise its hawt, as usual. But the fat lip at the bottom is still a bit distracting.

capri1.jpg

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
Doesn't look that bad but since it's made my Moto, and has their oh so wonderful UI, I wouldn't use it even if I were paid to.

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
I like it...I feel like I'm the minority when I say the RAZR and the SLVR are just too thin (bold statement, I know)...with this phone being "significantly fatter" I might have to keep a closer eye on it.

AppleGuy08

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Eh, it's an ok looking phone. Personally, i enjoy a good flip phone! I remember when I had a Kyocera Slider. After a few months the slide...well gave out (it wouldn't stay slid). Poor thing.

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
treblah said:
Doesn't look that bad but since it's made my Moto, and has their oh so wonderful UI, I wouldn't use it even if I were paid to.

They've changed their UI. The new one is very OSX-shiny-icons, and is running on Linux.

Search for the ROKR 2 phone, it has loads of screenshots of the new UI (its the first official release to use the new UI)

Its awesome! :)

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
Check out the new Motorola 'Z' - its officially released Asia, I believe.

Its basically a SLVR, except it has the new UI, and a Megapixel camera. Oh, and its mega thin and slides! Its H-A-W-T! (B.T.W: I've always found Moto's really sturdy with their slide/flip mechanisms.. Nokia and Samsung are by far the worst)

Should be exported to Europe soon :)

Last week, I got the LG Chocolate (KG800) - check it out, it has heat sensitive sensors for keys, its gorgeous! :cool:

iShane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2006
New York -> SF
josh.thomas said:
Check out the new Motorola 'Z' - its officially released Asia, I believe.

Its basically a SLVR, except it has the new UI, and a Megapixel camera. Oh, and its mega thin and slides! Its H-A-W-T! (B.T.W: I've always found Moto's really sturdy with their slide/flip mechanisms.. Nokia and Samsung are by far the worst)

Should be exported to Europe soon :)

Last week, I got the LG Chocolate (KG800) - check it out, it has heat sensitive sensors for keys, its gorgeous! :cool:

Why would you need heat sensitive keys? :confused:

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
medea said:
I hate Motorola's UI so it doesn't matter how "sexy" a phone they can produce, I'll stick with SE.

Ditto.

I despise Motorola phones. My V551 was the biggest POS ever. I now have an SE w810i and love it.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
yg17 said:
Ditto.

I despise Motorola phones. My V551 was the biggest POS ever. I now have an SE w810i and love it.

glad to hear you got it, and even better to hear you love it!

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
I broke the screen on one so I'm actually on my second s710a. I waiting for a replacement screen to pop up somewhere like ebay so I can fix it, then I'll have two! I'd probably sell it off then.
I like how I can take the memory card out and pop it in to my psp and check out the pictures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.