new mouse needed.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kksolano, Jul 28, 2006.

1. kksolano macrumors member

kksolano

i'm sick my mighty mouse's scowl ball thing dieing on me!
    What are the best mouse’s for macs on the market? What's "Overdrive" & do i need it?
    What do you guys use? Kevin.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well there are hundreds of threads on this very topic, have a search to see the vast majority of opinions and options.

personally for my desktop i use the Logitech MX1000. its great. don't have to change out the batteries on it. has a stand/charger and has a Laser. works perfectly and has tons of useful buttons that make life easier.

and what are you looking for in a mouse? BT? Wireless? desktop use? laptop use? lots of keys or keep it minimal?

3. kksolano thread starter macrumors member

kksolano

looking up

The mx1000 look good. But does it have USB wire version cos to be honest i don’t really have a plug socket spare for a mouse charger.
    And does it work straight out of the box without any added software?
    mainly i'm looking for a good all round mouse. Good for gaming, loads of programmable buttons ECT for work, photoshop and desk top publishing.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

it comes with Logitech's software so you can map the buttons, but it works easily enough, but yes it does take up a USB port. perhaps then if your Mac has BT that would work better for you as it wouldn't require any port usage. i know that Logitech had a BT MX900 i believe, but it was discontinued.
    i personally don't like MS mice, but they might be up your alley, and plenty of people around here vouch for them. also look at kensington as they are a reliable brand too.