New mouse?????

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by onemacmini, Nov 3, 2005.

1. onemacmini macrumors 6502

Oct 19, 2005
    hi went to the mac expo in the uk and was talking to a apple guy at there stall bit. i asked him if there would be a version of the mighty mouse in bluetooth coming out soon and he said " well lets just say the old one needs replacing!" hope the mighty mouse will come out in blue tooth
  2. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

Jan 13, 2005
    I sure hope they do something soon. It would be good if it were a laser mouse too. This is probably wishful thinking though...
  3. iEdd macrumors 68000

Aug 8, 2005
    I hope they still keep the wired ones though. IMO, Mac mini is the only desktop that makes sense to have wireless keyboard and mouse with.
    I def. like the BT with laptops though.
  4. wPod macrumors 68000

Aug 19, 2003
    Denver, CO
    I have The Mouse BT for my PB and i would swap it for a mighty mouse BT in a second!!! the little ive used the mighty mouse in the apple store and on other computers i really like it compared to The Mouse BT.
  5. Peter Griffin macrumors regular

Jul 10, 2005
    I'm in the market for a BT mouse and the current Apple one just doesn't cut it. Hope MM goes BT soon :)
  6. Danksi macrumors 68000

Oct 3, 2005
    Nelson, BC. Canada
    The current Mighty Mouse needs a slightly more pronouced 'nipple' - it's too soft at the moment, so it's too easy for me to nudge webpages backwards and forwards, whilst I'm trying to scroll up and down. The side buttons need to be further forward.

For these reasons M-Mouse is now gathering dust, recently replaced by my MS Notebook mouse.
  7. dansgil macrumors regular

Aug 17, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Why does the Mac mini only make sense? What about the iMac, then, if you had Airport, the only cable would be the power cable. Also, what about iBooks and Powerbooks?

8. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003
    I think the mighty mouse is a piece of garbage, and am sad that the new iMacs ship with it, instead of the regular Pro mouse. Its overly sensitive, and feels to cheap.

I say we go back to the good old one button days, or at least a more advanced mouse that isnt so bad
  9. iEdd macrumors 68000

Aug 8, 2005
    I pointed out your 2nd question in bold. With iMacs/Powermac G5s/eMacs it would seem that I am sitting at the desk anyway, a couple of wires don't bother me. That's also why I put IMO in bold. A wireless mouse at a dektop makes sense as you are moving it and the cord can get annoying. For those who use trackballs, bore a hole in the desk and run the wires there just before bolting it to the desk :D
  10. opusthe2nd macrumors 6502

Sep 5, 2005
    Not up to speed on the mice you are talking about, but I would like to find a reasonably priced, 2 button, scrollwheel, BT for my Powerbook. Then again, the only thing I have heard about BT mice are that they eat batteries. Yet, you can have a USB charger. Now why would I want that? I would just stick with my USB mouse if I had to do that.
  11. cemorris macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2004
    I have the current single button bluetooth mouse. I would definatly like to try out a bluetooth mighty mouse. My only issue would be price. I do not want it to cost more than the current bluetooth mouse. I am scared that it will.