New *MOVIE* Tuesdays

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by micvog, Apr 6, 2004.

1. micvog macrumors 6502

micvog

I got all excited this morning when, in my inbox, an e-mail arrived with the subject of "New Movie Tuesday". :eek: See attached. Alas, it is only Best Buy ripping off Apple's "New Music Tuesday" idea. :mad:

Attached Files:

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Since I have become a Mac user

about 2 years ago. I have notice that Apple gets ripped off left and right. iPod, Dell copies and now lowers their prices to undermined Apple somemore. Now this, copying emails. Couldn't they have at lease picked thursday or something.

3. upperblue79 macrumors regular

upperblue79

Actually, I used to recieve that e-mail from best buy in the past, before I unsunscribed, it was before apple even announced itms.

4. Edot macrumors 6502

Actually new DVDs are released on Tuesdays, so I don't think they are copying iTMS. Maybe iTMS is copying the releases of DVDs?

5. mislabeledstar macrumors regular

New music and movies are released on Tuesdays, it has been this way for a long time. So BestBuy isn't copying Apple, they're stating what is already true.

6. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

yep mislabaledstar is right. if you are video/dvd fanatic you know that new movies is on released on tuesday. i am sure tuesday have been figured out by marketing agency to be statistically the best day to release media in the movie genre. you should consider marketing agency might actually work for two oppossing companies, and knowledge of american cusomers to buy certain products on this day is probably known as common knowledge in this circle of business.

7. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Give it a rest. :rolleyes: LOL. At least is isn't as bad as buymusic.com

8. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Yes, the new medias Tuesday idea has been around for quite awhile. For once Apple DIDN'T start an innovative and successful trend. ;)

9. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

I read somewhere that the reason that Tuesday was deemed as "the day" was to accomodate stores in the less populated areas. Presumably, stores in the big cities would get their shipments on Saturday or Sunday. It would take a while for the stores in the rural areas to get their's. Usually, by Tuesday, everyone has their stock and they can have a simultaneous launch.

It's a carryover from the days of old.

10. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Small note. Studio's don't HAVE to release on Tuesday's. I remember my time at Blockbuster a few that were release on a Friday. I think Titanic was one of them but I could be wrong. My mind has does its best to erase that portion of my life from my brain. Titanic release day was insane. Esp considering they played that GOD DAMN song over and over every 10 minutes on the in store video specifically made for the event. OH GOD IT'S EATING THROUGH MY BRAIN!!!!! :eek: ;)

11. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

I don't really see how best buy having a sale on friends dvds is an apple rip off. maybe the name but thats it.

12. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

fanatics don't realize that world doesn't circle around apple.