new MSN MESSENGER FOR MAC!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thechris69, Mar 12, 2007.

1. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

:apple: :apple: hello,,, just downloaded the new MSN MESSENGER FOR MAC!!! and im afraid I cant find any difference between the new version and the previous version.... can someone enlighten me please!:eek: :eek: :apple: :apple:

2. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

:apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: What were you expecting? :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple:

It's Universal now... that is a really good thing.

3. tombarnes macrumors 6502

tombarnes

Do you mean version 6.0.2? Thats been available for weeks!

4. iWinnipegger macrumors regular

yeah i can't find any differences between this one and the previous version...help?!?

5. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

I don't get it... what do you guys want help with? The difference appears to be Intel native-ness.

6. monke macrumors 65816

monke

7. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Does it actually work now? Because that would be a massive difference..

8. thechris69 thread starter macrumors 6502

thechris69

:apple: :apple: :eek: :eek: !!!MESSENGER FOR MAC JUST NEEDS TO HAVE VIDEO CONFERENCING CAPABILITIES... I HAVE THE iMAC, BUT NONE OF MY FRIENDS HAVE MAC SO I CANT USE iCHAT, SO I WOULD LIKE TO USE MY iSIGHT FOR SOMETHING OTHER THEN TAKING PICTURES IN PHOTOBOOTH!!!!:apple: :apple: :eek: :eek: :eek:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHAT IS ADIUM!!!!!!!!:confused:

9. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

my eyes are hurting.

Get Skype, it's a billion times better than MSN and the MSN network *vomit*.

10. CaptainZap macrumors regular

If you want Video Conferencing, either use iChat, or aMSN, they both support it. And Adium is an awesome Chat client that allows you to connect to multiple accounts at once even across different protocols. Awesome app, wouldn't use anything else.

11. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

You can video chat with PC users using iChat (they would use the official AIM client).

Please don't type in all caps.

12. TWLreal macrumors 6502

It was Universal long before this version (6.0.2).

It might have fixed some Hotmail login issues. I was getting erratic behavior when login in my Windows Live mail through Safari with 6.0.1.

It seems to be fine now.

13. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

It was a minor update, why are there alway snew features expected.

14. MacTango7 macrumors newbie

Hell, this msn for mac sucks very hard.

We all know how much poor is the m$, so I am scared everytime I have to upgrade a m$ program, because I know what I leave but I don't know what I'll find. (as the old italian proverb says)

for this reason I always try to let the elder versions, and when I decide to update I always keep the previous version, to put it back if the newer is bad.

Now, why the hell am I forced to upgrade MSN for Mac? My v6.0.1 works well. Ok it's not a very good program, but at least it works without big problems. But now I am forced to update:

[​IMG]

"A newer version of Microsoft Messenger for Macintosh has been released. You must download it to continue using Microsoft Messenger. Download it now?"

If I click NO, it stops. Nothing happens, nor the login. Then if I click again "login", the message pops up again.

Crap, am I at least allowed to choose the version I prefer or did Mussolini just strike back?

Is there a way to bypass this frickin pop-up and continue with the 6.0.1?

15. purelithium macrumors 6502

purelithium

No, it appears this update that has been available since the end of January, has been made mandatory to continue using the MSN network. I have installed it, and it doesn't seems to be any worse than the old one. I wonder if there has been any stability upgrades to their network :rolleyes:

I would switch to Skype or another program, but not many of my friends want to, they're happy with the status quo.

16. DuckRacer1 macrumors newbie

:apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: !!!!!!!!!!GOOGLE IT!!!!!!!! :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple:

I mean seriously, stop acting like a hyperactive squirrel with a gallon of coffee. The new Messenger is Intel-native and supports several other things.

17. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

:apple: :apple: :apple: :mad: :mad: Imagine what this show would be like on ViDeO CoNfErEnCe :mad: :mad: :apple: :apple: :apple:

And P.S. OMG, sarcasm bomb...the first time I tried to make this post: