New Music Tuesday, wherefore art thou?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Chundles, May 30, 2006.

1. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Well, it's well past the normal time for new music on the Australian iTMS, can you guys check your stores?

I like New Music Tuesday, so where is it today?

2. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Just as weird the song for free last week (still present) isn't free?

3. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

Well, I suppose the free period is a time-based thing and the week has expired - there's just nothing replacing it.

Very odd.

4. 68164 Guest

definitely not much action on iTMS for the new week - no new music or TV on the US store - of course they had a public holiday Monday so that could be explained...but the Aussie store...

Well new music tuesday in Australia hits around the same GMT time as new music tuesday USA style - so I think there has been a one day delay because of the holiday. Weird? Sure. Surprising? Not really.

5. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

Ah right, didn't know about the public holiday - explains the lack of Apple news today.

Now I know.

6. 68164 Guest

hey - one more thing - imagine if iTMS pulled out a World Cup special...nearly every iTMS store is represented in the World Cup - what a way to kick off (pardon the pun) international TV on iTMS with a deal for highlights from World Cup games just like the NHL, NBA etc that the US store currently has.

That would be awesome!

Its time Apple and their vision hit Australia's shores and tackled the tv dinosaurs - starting with PBL!

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It seems like everytime the new music is delayed, something is announced.....

G5 PowerBooks and touch screen, bluetooth, WiFi, 200gig hard drive iPods today? :D

8. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

Close, it's just Asteroid and the xStation.

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I really need to get into this new music tuesday stuff...some of them are really good...i think

Bless

10. snakelda macrumors 6502

I never get the email of new music tuesdays untild wednesdays,I live in the US by the way....