new nano not recognized?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ero87, May 29, 2006.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

Just plugged in a brand-new iPod nano into a mac mini, and it doesn't show up on the desktop or iTunes. I realize I forgot to install the accompanying CD, so I did that. Re-plugged in the iPod, and no show! All that shows on the iPod screen is a 1/3-charged battery icon with a lightning symbol.

This was a symbol I got when my year-old iPod photo was breaking down (it's different for the normal charging icon i think, which shows a full battery icon). Is the iPod a lemon?! Does it need to be charged first? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks guys

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Have you turn on the ipod yet? give it a hard reset....see if that wakes it up.

Bless

3. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

isn't that the symbol that means its near dead battery? If its not moving at all I think it is. Keep it plugged in for a bit to see when it starts to move as if it were charging. Also make sure you check under your harddrive icon to see if it is located there. I know on my iBook the first time I hooked up an ipod, it was under my harddrive icon on my desktop for some reason. I think it was recognized as a removeable storage device to be honest.

4. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

correct, zman! A little time fixed it, sorry for the hasty post. I guess it came with very little battery and just needed to charge up a little bit.

It's working beautifully, thanks guys!