New Nokia Neo

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by stevehaslip, Nov 29, 2004.

1. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

2. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

What works perfectly for the iPod might not works as good for a cell phone.

Looking at the screenshots, looks like you gotta scoll back and forth to dial the phone number you want to reach. Yuck. Looks like a poor implementation. We'll see.

Also, the scroll wheel was designed so the iPod could easlity be used with one hand. Try pressing the lower 2 buttons with the thumb of the hand holding the phone. ;) Possible but ackward.

3. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

It seems like Nokia are just churning out these 'concept' phones but has anyone at Nokia actually stopped and tried using them? :rolleyes: Seems to be about style over substance at the moment.

4. palusami macrumors regular

palusami

yeah, i'd hate to have to dial phone no's with that. kinda reminds me of the old dial phones that we used to use when i was a kid. its just missing the little holes for the numbers.

5. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

It's the bastard child of an ipod and that damn computer from 2001 a Space Odyssey. "Dave.. You have an incoming call... Dave?.."

6. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

That has to be the worst idea Nokia has had to date. That totally takes away the ability to dial the phone without looking at it.

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

*cough*N-Gage*cough* ;)

8. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

But not for long (and, yes, the N-Gage is a good candidate for a worse idea). Even dumber concepts are coming out next year.

9. russed macrumors 68000

russed

how long would it take to write a message on that thing?

10. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Let's just say that by the time you were done writing a message of any length, the phone would be an antique and the Olsen twins would be near retirement age. Nokia has had some issues with proton decay causing the phone to disintegrate before messages can get sent.

11. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

OK, I went to the site and then to the site where the first site got the info from. It was in Hungarian. I read it and to paraphrase:

"In the Hungarian Nokia factory there was a PROTOTYPE going around that got leaked to be the Neo. However it was killed when the market was deemed too shallow for it."

So, this is not real in the sense that it's a mere prototype that got killed a while back (MAY to be exact).

Link.

12. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

Uh, don't these people know that Apple has a patent on the scroll wheel???

13. belair macrumors 6502

belair

Apple did not invent the wheel.
    They were the first to implement the wheel in a device that actually worked well. If this is one way to make browsing trough your menus easier, you can be shure that eventually evey company will pick it up maybe give it another name and thats it.
    Who invented the click button? Ah man I can't believe that all those companies are stealing the idea of the button. Argh.