Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
I am thinking of getting a refurbished MBP for my bro who is starting college next semester. Since there are quite some rumours about how Leopard will be released during MWSF, does anyone know if refurb units purchased after the Leopard release will receive the CDs for the new OS?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
You'd get a drop-in disc of Leopard if you purchase you refurb after its release. I'm not sure if Apple would give the same policy for a purchase just slightly before. I believe it's 14-days before an OS release for an upgrade on new systems.

nitynate

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2006
Clearwater, FL
Refurb (r0xoRz!) are always good. The OS may or may not be preinstalled when it comes out. I know some of the refurb (r0xoRz!) dont come with the new iLife, though.

Too much w00t for me.

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
Eh another question... does anyone know why no refurbished C2D MBPs are showing up? With all these whines about gaps in the lid and grainy displays I thought there'd be thousands of returns :cool:

deadpixels

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
Eh another question... does anyone know why no refurbished C2D MBPs are showing up? With all these whines about gaps in the lid and grainy displays I thought there'd be thousands of returns :cool:
exactly my thoughts, with all this complaining and returning of mb and mbpro, it should be loads of them :confused: :confused: but maybe apple won't put them for sale yet cauz the product is quite new and they don't wanna hurt (yet) their new mac sales?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.