New PBs? Confused!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by tyoelin, Jul 27, 2005.

1. macrumors member

Ive read alot of threads about people saying good and bad things about the new iBooks, but then I've seen some people saying that theyre waiting for the new PBs.. didnt apple just update their PBs a few months ago? Are they planning on doing it again?

2. macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

3. macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Exactly. No one knows. There are always a thousand people around here who are "waiting for the next update."

4. macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I think Apple have been very clever with the iBook update.

Everyone here knows that they could have done so much more with them but...

The general consumer who doesnt look at pages like this and just walks into the Apple shop is still going to buy one. People who use these boards are now more likely to pay a bit extra and get a PowerBook instead. I expect the PowerBooks to be upgraded in Paris (September I think).

5. macrumors 6502a

crazydreaming

When is Paris? Not before Student Union deal is over, is it? (September 24)

6. macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Not sure, could be before then, I will try and find out...

7. macrumors 68020

R.Youden

20th - 24th September, so Apple will probably release any new products on the 20th (which is a Tuesday ;))

8. macrumors 68030

.Andy

Hi tyoelin,
    A lot of people are wating for next year when they assume that Apple will put the Intel Pentium (possibly M) chip in the powerbooks. Whether or not we'll see an update between now and then is totally conjecture. It could be argued that the iBooks only got a very modest upgrade because the powerbooks aren't going anywhere for a while.....that way the distinction between the two is preserved. But possibly not :D.

If you need your powerbook just go for it. It might be a long time to wait otherwise. Those 17" are fantastic.
    Best of luck :)