Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Just thinking about how he lost his penis in the first place is scary enough....and this is just a prosthetic....very sad :(

And that's going to be a interesting story when people ask him about his scar.....

D

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
so i take it he has no other use for this other then just urinating standing up (mind you thats an important ability in it's own right)

Dippo

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Yea, I really believe this one :)

EDIT: Oh, I didn't actually read the whole article, I thought it was gentically grown or something...

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
Until I read the story I thought they genetically grew the thing on his arm, like scientists have managed to grow human ears on mice.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Thank you for posting the story iGAV. I find it to be very interesting reading. The techniques mentioned I have seen surgeons doing similar things. Just not to make a penis. That young man is very lucky that the surgeons tried such a procedure. I doubt that it will be fully functional, but it will allow the evacuation of urine. It will also save him embarrassment. What I am really curious about is the actual circumstances of how he lost his penis.

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2002
So, I'm assuming he wore a long sleeve shirt for those ten months, right?

How did he lose it, though? Did it blow up?

Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch..... :eek:

hobbes3113

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2002
NYC
All I can say is I'll never ever think about urinating on an electric fence again. There goes another boyhood curiosity...

Apple //e

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2003
Originally posted by hobbes3113
All I can say is I'll never ever think about urinating on an electric fence again. There goes another boyhood curiosity...

i think short bursts are ok. a continuous stream could ruin your sex life

sgtlmj

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2003
If they grew it on his head, he'd have a nasty nickname. Dick-arm just doesn't have the same insultive qualities.

sgtlmj

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2003
Re: New penis grown on boy's arm

*I know it's not current, but hey I only just read about it* [/B]

Current... that was the problem. :)

...And what the heck kind of electric fence was that anyway? I've been zapped by a couple of fences in my life (not in the same manner however) and they never had enough juice to remove body parts.

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
Re: Re: New penis grown on boy's arm

Originally posted by sgtlmj
Current... that was the problem. :)

...And what the heck kind of electric fence was that anyway? I've been zapped by a couple of fences in my life (not in the same manner however) and they never had enough juice to remove body parts.

but the current would follow the flow so to speak, so it'd go all the way inside to your bladder... nasty.... :eek:

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: Re: Re: New penis grown on boy's arm

Originally posted by iGAV
but the current would follow the flow so to speak, so it'd go all the way inside to your bladder... nasty.... :eek:

Exactly - and its lucky it didn't explode....

But why didn't they grow the thing on his leg instead? And I'm sure in order for it to work correctly, its going to need some help.

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.