New Photo Confirms Partially Assembled iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 19, 2011.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Earlier today, we noted that a new leaked photo appearing to be a partially-assembled next-generation iPhone seemed to be showing an "iPhone 4S" design running on an A5 system-on-a-chip.

MacPost now shares a photo of the other side of the partial device, revealing that it is indeed an iPhone 4-like design. The new photo even shows the iPhone 4S turned on in its partially assembled state, requesting connection to iTunes for activation.

[​IMG]

The new photo also clarifies the battery situation, revealing it to still be a 3.7 V, 5.3 Whr battery delivering 1430 mAh of charge, compared to the slightly lower-capacity 1420 mAh battery found in the iPhone 4. The 4.2 V figure spotted on the original photo posted earlier today was from the backside of the battery and appears to have been referring to the maximum charge voltage, as opposed to the 3.7 V nominal voltage under load.

Apple has also been rumored to be introducing a substantially redesigned iPhone 5 alongside this iPhone 4S, although there has been little concrete evidence of such a device showing up in parts leaks or supply chain channel checks. Third-party cases for the rumored iPhone 5 appear to show a substantially larger but thinner design than found in the iPhone 4.

Article Link: New Photo Confirms Partially Assembled iPhone 4S

2. macrumors 603

Well, same frame?

So,baby is Apple targeting two markets?

3. macrumors newbie

iPhone 4+

I knew they'd release two this year to make up for the passover at WWDC.

4. macrumors member

Just wishing this photo was of a newly redesigned phone. Please apple, dont make us wait until 2012 for the iPhone 5 - the world might end by then!

5. macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

By the look of it, the proximity sensor on the white is going back to the original mesh look?

6. macrumors 604

bushido

how boring, i hope this is the low budget iPhone along with a new redesigned at first hard to get iPhone 5. I'm eligible to update in january and i'm not gonna buy the "same" phone twice or maybe its just a leaked older prototype

7. macrumors 6502a

Surely someone will be fired for releasing this picture. While it's great for us as rumor hunters it's really bad for any business. Especially if the individual got paid for doing it.

8. macrumors regular

Was hoping for something new but Ah well

9. macrumors 6502a

is that the prox sensor or the facetime cam?
    its big lol
    facetime HD!

10. macrumors 6502a

mazz0

There's something a bit creepy about seeing it turned on like that. Anyone else reminded of the scene in Alien where Ash is in peices and they lay his head and shoulders on a table and turn him on with all that milk all over him? Reminds me of that.

11. macrumors 604

bushido

whoever came up with the dumb "4S" name earlier this year should be shot in the face btw. its based on no knowledge and somehow it made its way all over the internet

12. macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

It looks exactly the same to the iPhone 4 camera hole.

13. macrumors 6502a

Mad-B-One

...and Apple made photos...

Remember how a few days ago someone stated that Apple makes photos of the desks to see who leaked information if prototype photos make it into the internet? Well, I guess they never heard of office paper as a background - as seen here.:D

14. macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

The fact that the phone is requesting connection via iTunes for activation means that the phone is running on ios4, since ios5 doesn't even require you to own a computer. Odd no?

15. macrumors 6502a

I Really hope this is just an old leaked version.. Or the "iPhone 4s"

but sadly. even if this is the iPhone.. i will be updating to it...

16. macrumors 6502a

mazz0

Looks the same size as the camera on my iPhone 4 to me! I doubt an iPhone will be getting front facing hd this year if the camera was considered too bulky for the Macbook Air.

17. macrumors 6502a

How do we know this isn't just a picture of a regular iPhone 4?

18. macrumors 6502

iOS 5 brings iTunes-free activation so this must be some iPhone 4 prototype from last year :D

19. macrumors 6502a

i guess my black iphone4 makes it look smaller

20. macrumors G3

Geckotek

Based on how flat the ribbon cables are, this has been assembled from spare parts as I guessed earlier.

21. macrumors 6502a

The proximity sensor looks just like the original, not the updated release version.

22. macrumors 6502a

mazz0

How is it not a fairly logical assumption, given 3GS was the non-redesigned version of the 3G and we're talking about a non-redesigned version of the 4?

23. macrumors 6502a

Boring! give me iphone 5. 15+ months for a multi billion dollar company they should have a line of 10 iphones by now

24. macrumors regular

BOGUS! Why wouldn't the iPhone 4s be running the beta version of ios 5? Isn't the new ios supposed to be PC free?

25. macrumors 6502

I just want the phone released so i can make my choice, hope this is the low end iPhone but i just don't see it. I think the larger screen so called iPhone is an iPod touch. Ive been due an upgrade since June and held off, would be very disappointed to find out if true it looks the same as IP4 even though the design of the 4 is great i held out expecting something new/different to go with ios5. Time will tell. Hurry and announce the thing Apple.