New PhotoBooth?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Josias, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

I was just playing around with PhotoBooth, and though I really hate the x-ray effect, I randomly put it on, and randomly inverted the colors. In the dim evening light of my room, and with just a desklamp, this is the coolest effect ever.

Look at this pic, taken with a normal xray effect in PhotoBooth. Now press cmd+alt+ctrl+8. this will invert the colors of your screen, and make the pic look the awesomest. the same combo will bring your screen back to normal.

[​IMG]

I really hope Apple will integrate something like this in PhotoBooth for Leopard, if it's not too late. :D

I just took another awesome pic. I really love this effect! Anyone else like it?

[​IMG]

2. OwlsAndApples macrumors 6502a

OwlsAndApples

Didn't know that key combo...very nice!

3. Josias thread starter macrumors 68000

Josias

The combo or the effect? This thread had 50 views, but you are the first to reply, and this saying you learned a new combo:p

back in the old days, when I joined in March, it didn't used to be that way, no didn't used to be this way at all. back then we respected 68000's!:D

4. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

Well, when you inverse the colors of an image twice, you will end up with the original colors. It's kind of neat to sort of 'reveal' the hidden color in a photo such as that. :D

5. Josias thread starter macrumors 68000

Josias

Did you actually try to look at it?:D

to me it looks very reddish with a glow around must stuff.:cool:

6. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

It is, but that's probably just because of the low-light conditions in the room. Cameras do funky things when they don't have enough light.

Also, you can inverse colors in Photoshop ;) Check it:

Attached Files:

7. Josias thread starter macrumors 68000

Josias

hmm, i wish, i wish I had Photoshop:D

BTW, 'till Doctor Q gets here, you might wanna take that photo down. It doesn't bother me, but it's illegal to do editing of other people's photos without their permission on these boards;)

Well, I tried in ordinary light, and it still looks red, but without too much glow.

Attached Files: