New Photos of Alleged iPhone 5C Packaging and Manual

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 1, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

New photos of Apple's alleged low-cost iPhone 5C have surfaced this weekend, with one photo coming from website iApps.im showing many devices in a red plastic shell, with the other two photos coming from Chinese site Weibo depicting a phone diagram, instruction manuals, legal information and SIM card ejection tools. The three photos were noted by 9to5Mac.

[​IMG]
    The packaging in question appears to be consistent with an image that surfaced in July that first displayed the "iPhone 5C" name, with the paper included in the packaging also appearing to match the shape of the plastic shell. The shape of the device also pictured appears to match a photo last month of various iPhone 5C devices being tested at a Pegatron factory, a notable supplier to Apple.

[​IMG]
    As stated in our iPhone 5C roundup, the low-cost phone is expected to arrive with a plastic rear shell available in multiple colors such as yellow, blue, red, green, and white to be offered. The phone's internals are expected to be similar to that of the iPhone 5, with the device expected to carry an A6 chip, 4-inch Retina display, 8-megapixel rear camera, and 1.2-megapixel front camera. The device is also estimated to be $400-$500 without a service contract based on analysis over the past few months.

[​IMG]
    Apple's iPhone 5C and flagship iPhone 5S are both expected to be unveiled at a September 10th media event, and will likely launch in the first wave of markets on September 20th.

Article Link: New Photos of Alleged iPhone 5C Packaging and Manual

2. macrumors 68040

Doesn't look too bad.

3. macrumors 68020

Squilly

I won't be buying it (5S instead) but looks pretty good. Also, seems like there's another Mac forum popping up every week. Casing really looks like iPod Touch casing. There was a different case leaked a month ago that definitely didn't look like that as well.

4. macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

Looks like the Gen 3 iPod Touch, a bit shabby methinks, of course if it is ginuwine.

5. macrumors 6502a

ZacNicholson

Looks fake

6. macrumors newbie

Is it just me, or do these look pink?

7. macrumors 6502a

Minhimalism

$400 off contract would be a really good sweet spot, I'd buy one for my sister whose iPhone 4 is aging hehe :)

8. macrumors newbie

What does "C" stand for?

Does it stand for cheap or for crap?

9. macrumors 6502

Why do these "leaked" images always come in super low res when phones these days are capable of so much more :rolleyes:

10. macrumors 6502

This is going to hurt Android a lot. Its going to be a good chance for many android users to discover what a smooth GUI is.

11. macrumors newbie

Ulysses164

Hot pink anyone?

The packaging and documentation make it look as though the backplate colour determines the colour of the stock wallpaper.

12. macrumors 6502a

the color scheme does kind of look "ginuwine"

[​IMG]

Ginuwine
    Elgin Baylor Lumpkin (born October 15, 1970), better known by his stage name Ginuwine is an American singer-songwriter dancer and actor.
    Signed to Epic Records since the mid-1990s, Ginuwine had released a number of multi-platinum and platinum-selling albums and singles, becoming one of R&B's top artists during the late 1990s and early 2000s .

13. macrumors 6502

macosxuser01

Very nice. Can't wait

14. macrumors member

Does Apple usually use fake screen stickers on their products? I can't remember, but I don't think so.

15. macrumors 6502a

iPod touch since the 2nd generation.

[​IMG]

16. macrumors 6502

jrlcopy

17. macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Yeah they look pink to me too

18. macrumors member

crap. even $400 is not cheap.

19. macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Because the people that work there can't afford the top of the line iphone or android phones! Instead they would snap it with a cheap android phone.

20. macrumors member

Wow, where have I been?!

21. macrumors 603

Technarchy

Think of how popular Android is in China, and among those Android phones don't expect many flagship Samsungs or HTC's in the hands of Foxconn proletariat line workers.

22. macrumors regular

ast03

wait, since when did apple start giving away sim card tools? I thought they stopped. Did they start again?

23. macrumors 6502

Black front don't go with color. Needs to b white

24. macrumors 65816

iZac

What I love is that because you can't print that colour green using CMYK, they've had to tone down the green on the phone / messages icons (on the documentation / stickers).

Also, that is one PINK phone - phew!

25. macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Am I the only one who's like, damn, iOS 7 looks ugly on these shots!