New Photoshop CS3 with future Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by PowerMike G5, Jan 3, 2007.

1. PowerMike G5 macrumors regular

Oct 22, 2005
    New York, NY
    Here is an interesting blog from someone at Adobe:

An interesting read. This suggests that an 8-core Mac could actually be slower than the current 3Ghz Quad version of the mac pro when it comes to Photoshop.

An interesting read for those contemplating on buying a new Mac Pro for photoshop purposes ...
  2. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

Nov 24, 2005
    I'm only really here at night.
    Interesting indeed.......but blaming the problem mostly on lack of memory bandwidth scalalbility is lame!

Photoshop currently supports dual processors & 2GB of ram for any actions that utilize/require altivec/SSE optimizations & pageouts....however, beyond that, it has basically lagged behind in further development/refinement :(

Which sux, since it is a Flagship/professional application, and Adobe should have foreseen the trend towards multi-core cpu's, larger ram requirements and faster FSB's long ago. If they had, they would be ready for them NOW, instead of still draggin their butts......

Even though they has as much (or more) warning & prep time as anyone else for the ppc-to-intel switch, they are STILL draggin a*s on the universal PS, with the beta release of CS3. Hell, at this pace, it will be mid-to-late 07 before they work out all the bugs and get it shipped for real :(

sorry for the rant, but as you can probably tell, I have lost all faith in Adobe, and even though I still have to use CS2 (professionally) on a ppc machine, I wont be buying CS3 until it is fixed and will run on modern macs the way it should!!!