new portfolio...finally

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by dornoforpyros, Mar 14, 2006.

1. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

So after many false-starts over the last 6 months or so I've finally completed and launched my new website:

http://www.JasonDorn.com

as always, 100% iWeb Free!:p

2. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

Looks pretty alright.

Here are my observations:

1. The name gets lost in the banner w/ the picture of the tree. I would try a soft edge rectalinear shape in white with an opacity of 15-30%

2. Where is your dropshadow on the bottom? I would decrease the height of the lower image. It's distracting. Try it at 1/4 of the size you have now and see how it looks.

3. When I click on thumbnail image, I expect the previous full image to close without me having to do it or look for the close action.

4. Your contact link has more "about" you. Don't you think that merits a proper name than contact? It's your credentials more or less. Also, an HTML resume works for quick viewing if they don't want to DL the PDF.

Those are what I see in the first 3 minutes of fartin' around on it.

Good on ya.

3. dornoforpyros thread starter macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Fair enough, your also the second person to mention the bottom image...I was hoping the first guy was wrong :p

4. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

I downloaded your PDF. That was boring.

Drop that nasty chart showing your skill levels.

Three big problems:

Kerning, Leading and Margins... You're a designer, this looks like it belongs with TPS reports from the movie Office Space.

Spice it up!

Use your abilities chap.

5. dornoforpyros thread starter macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

TPS report...ouch :p

thanks for the feedback, it's bedtime now but I'll work on some of your recommendations tomorrow