New Poster

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by djwhiterice, Dec 18, 2005.

1. djwhiterice macrumors newbie

Dec 18, 2005
    I am wondering what one needs to do to gain higher access to be able to post in other topics.

I tried posting into several topics and it replied that I was to wimpy to enter that general topic.
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Where exactly were you trying to post? Some areas require a higher post count before participation such as the Political threads and the Marketplace (100 posts total each, from memory). Check this out. :)
  3. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    I hope that it did not put it in those exact terms. :eek: ;) :)
  4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    I knew that we should never have hired Popeye as a mod! :eek: *eats spinach*
  5. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Who's decision was that!? ;) :)

Not a bad idea- spinach is supposed to be very good for you. :)
  6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    some of the forums are also restricted. such as the iPod Gear and the news ones. those are stictly controlled by the site, thus no new threads can be created there either.
  7. zulgand04 macrumors regular

Jul 16, 2002
    Northborough, MA

"I can't post a message in the Forums

In order to post to the Forums, you need to have a registered user account and have activated your account by clicking on the activation link in your email. If you are certain you have done both of these things, there are a few other considerations.

Regular users cannot post new threads in the News and Article Discussion forums:

* MacRumors News Discussion
    * MacRumors' Page 2 News Discussion
    * News Discussion
    * Discussion

Only administrators can create new threads in these areas.

The following forums have a minimum post count requirement:

* Marketplace
    * Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Only users with a history of 100 posts (user title Regular or higher) can start a thread in the Marketplace forum. Only users with a history of 100 posts can start a thread or post replies in the Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum. "
  8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    You have to post an avatar first.