New Power Macs - Photo Mirror

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by J@ffa, Jul 21, 2002.

1. job macrumors 68040

job

2. big macrumors 65816

big

3. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Where did you find these specs? I would be very happy to see them with these speeds but they seem a bit far off.

4. job macrumors 68040

job

Someone made the point of this earlier. There are no visible FireWire/USB connections on the front of the new/prototype tower case, yet these specs seem to say otherwise.

5. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

No :rolleyes: ;) :D

6. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

The specs listed on this site are NOT directly related to these images.

Someone just posted these specs a few weeks ago in a message board... and now they've somehow gotten associated with these images.

arn

7. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I figured something was up. Those processor specs don't seem realistic at all to me.

8. Kethoticus macrumors 6502

Kethoticus

Fantasyland

*FOUR* USB *2.0* ports?!? Four Firewire 2 ports?? Dual-1.6GHz G4s?!? C'mon. With Apple's track record, I don't think we'll see specs like this until NEXT Macworld NY. (Although I do sincerely hope that I'm wrong.)

9. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Have you guys seen the discalimer up the top of the page now?

He he he :)

10. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I want to see a picture without the plastic wrapping, unless that is a design feature!

Ensign

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

The images have been posted on several forums here in the last couple of days. These same images on this site don't seem to match the specs they posted, though. Sorry to be so cynical, but I highly doubt the specs for this new G4 are anywhere near correct. Just a wish list. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll be lucky to get 1.4s and DDR-RAM. If this is the new case, which it looks like it may not be (Apple Legal telling everyone to remove the images notwithstanding), I think it's kind of ugly.

And for the record, I thought the G4 iMac looked good when I first saw it on the Time Canada website. I didn't need to see it in person to appreciate it (but it helped), so take that as you will.

12. dhdave macrumors regular

To hell with the case, I love the specs. I hope they are real and I am beginning to feel confident they are at least close. With those specs you could but the innards in a brown paper bag and I'd be happy. :)

dh

13. Joshlew macrumors member

Yeah, I was hoping for 1.4's and DDR at macworld, and if that was optimistic,
    well, what are those specs!!!!:eek: :confused:

14. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The pictures are bad fakes. There is no plastic wrap. Computers ship in plastic bags, not Saran Wrap. What has been called plastic wrap is nothing more that the residue of the original background of the QuickSilver case.

It has been stated on this and other forums that the case may not be real, but the interior shots most certainly are. Agreed, but real what? The best evidence is that the interior is of a machine made after December 31, 2000. That is it!

As for the case, it is not a fake case. It is the photo that is a fake. It is not even a good fake.

Assignment:

Locate a digital camera. Get a QuickSilver case and try to duplicate the "photo." For extra points, tape a rounded aluminum square to the front.

15. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

these are some nice specs, and nice enclosure.
    although the specs have been up for quit some time.

16. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Although I don't necessarily claim that these photos are real, but I want to prove you wrong. The "residue" could easily be static plastic film that is applied from the front of the iPod to the screen of the iMac. It is there to protect the fiinish of the plastic. That is all.

17. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

DAMIT!

When ever I come accross these fourms with pictures of "prototypes" upcoming "computers", PDAs and "iWalks" I always come in when the pictures are already taken off or the link is broken... I hate that! Now I have no idea what people are talkin about, LOL I am really confused:) :confused: :rolleyes: ;)

18. iwantanewmac macrumors 6502

19. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

it was taken down :( bah, apple legal does that all the time..if its not gonna be true, they should leave it ;)

20. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

keep trying lime and newmac, you'll get to see one before apple legal takes it down eventually:).

21. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

ah-HA!

If you see a picture BEFORE Apple takes leagal action just press, "command-shift-3" !!! then u can have the pic forever, make backups of them and email them to macrumors.com ppl, like me and you! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! I like seeing pictures even if they are fake!;)