New Powerbook Arrived Today

Discussion in 'Community' started by garybUK, Aug 24, 2005.

1. garybUK Guest

Jun 3, 2002
    I bought a TiBook about 3 years ago, It was a 667mhz with BTO 48gb HDD, Airport & 1gb Ram, pretty hot system at the time, cost me £2800!

Anyway I dropepd it a couple of months ago so last week (Friday) my dad rang the insurance company up to claim..... WOW!

I get a call yesterday telling me it was beyond economic repair and they are sending me a brand new 1.5ghz 15" Powerbook with 80gb hdd etc.. etc.. And because I had 1gb ram they are shipping an extra 512mb module with it as well! (£100 excess)

Anyway they told me on Tuesday the laptop will be delivered on Thursday, which was annoying because due to work etc, couldn't be in ...

My mum's off work today and she gets a call from Apple Center in warrington, they said the drivers on the phone now and can he deliver between 11:30am - 12:30am WOW! yeah damn right!

Soo... I'm at work right now, finishing in 30 mins and my powerbook is sat at home in my room just dying for me to open it and start playing!
  2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
    congrats! sounds like everything worked out for you pretty well! enjoy the new cpu :D
  3. .Andy macrumors 68030

Jul 18, 2004
    The Mergui Archipelago
    Congratulations on your unplanned powerbook garybUK :). That's going to be the longest 30 minutes of your life! Take care on the way home.

As a side note it's amazing how the price of things change over time. When I got my old Ti550 it cost me an absolute packet. Comparing it to these days I could get a 15" powerbook and a 23" ACD for around the same price. Technology sure does change quickly.
  4. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    Seriously? Wow! I didn't know that, they must have been seriously expensive back then. I remember back when my uni sold Macs and PC's (not anymore the cheap bastards) they had a Cube and a TiBook on display - I just couldn't get over the size of the screen on the PowerBook and the size of the whole system of the Cube (nor the size of the pricetags to carry all those numbers mind you...) It's amazing just how affordable technology has become in just a few short years - imagine 5 years down the track!!!
  5. zelmo macrumors 603

Jul 3, 2004
    Mac since 7.5
    That's awesome, but why did your Dad wait so long before filing a claim? If I dumped my PB, I'd be on the phone darn fast.