New powerbook Backlight Keyboard?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by imac abuser, Oct 25, 2004.

1. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Hello,
    I just custom ordered a new 15" powerbook, and I purchased the higher end one with a superdrive to get the backlight keyboard. But what I did was downgrade the drive to an optical in the screens where you can change things to save a few bucks. I don't need a superdrive I have one on my iMac. But the question is when I press the buttons to brighten the keyboard it comes up with the not symbol like it doesnt exist. On my invoice it shows backlight keyboard am i missing something? Do I need to toggle something on?

Regards
    IMAC ABUSER

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The buttons only work when it's dark enough for the backlight to turn on! Try: turning off all the lights and dimming the screen as far as ti goes. Then try the buttons.

Confusing eh?

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

You have to be in a dark room before the backlight will activate. It will not turn on in broad daylight, or even in most lamp light.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Just experimenting with mine. With the lights on the F9 and F10 bring up the same dimmed symbol, but the F8 one is a little different. If you cover the left speaker completely for a minute or so your screen will dim and the backlight will turn on.

5. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Oh sweet thanks so much I was worried that they sent me the lesser model but upgraded it with my extras you guys rip!

Thanks
    IMac Abuser