new powerbook/ibook performance tests

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by rebscb, Nov 13, 2002.

1. rebscb macrumors member

Sep 6, 2002
    Have any of the more technically proficient of you conducted any performance/graphics tests on the new 1ghz and 800mhz powerbooks and ibooks as of yet? How do the compare to the previous models and to imacs and powermacs?

Inquiring minds want to know....
  2. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Jul 22, 2002
    Toledo, OH, formerly Twin Cities, MN
    I don't think the 1 GHz superdrive powerbooks are even available yet...

I'll do some speed tests on it (like the time to render and burn a DVD :D) as soon as I get mine ;)
  3. rebscb thread starter macrumors member

Sep 6, 2002
    Thanks.... I just ordered a 1ghz combo-drive model and anxiously await my ability to utilize the mobility 9000 card.

My girlfriend bought her daughter a new 800mhz ibook (12.1) and I have fallen in love with this great little notebook.

Though I am a power user, I cannot help but want an ibook for everday travel and convenience. I still do not (I had a 400 tibook) think of the tibook as a true travel laptop due to my preoccupation with its looks and fragility.
  4. monkeydo_jb macrumors 6502

Apr 17, 2002
    Columbia, MO
    I'm waiting on one as well :cool:

I'll do some benching when I get it. Hope it isn't delayed as long as the Dual 1.25 MD towers were. When do you guys think they will actually ship?

If anyone cares, this will be my first mac.

5. mcrain macrumors 68000

Feb 8, 2002
    I'm going to get mine first! I'm going to be the first on the block to get one. Nah nah nah nah nah nah :p
  6. idkew macrumors 68020

Sep 26, 2001
    where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    congrats man! you will be very pleased with your purchase.

remember- if you need help/advice. macrumors is a great place for it.