New Powerbook Owner!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Joeytpg, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

Guys!.....i finally did it! i was in Miami this past week and i got my Powerbook!..(1.33 ghz, Combo Drive 15")

i have a question.....................what do i need to do now?...i need to "re-install" Panther?, Download Upgrades from Apple.com..................what do i need to do to get this baby Started!??

2. daxdagr8t macrumors member

charge it, run software updates and fireway!congrats on the purchase :D

3. Joeytpg thread starter macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

4. FasterSoonerNow macrumors member

Just click on the apple menu, man.. There should be a "Check for Software Updates" option or something.

5. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

When you first use it, charge it all the way up and then let it run dead. This will increase your future battery life. If you don't do this, it is possible that the battery will lose some capacity. However, after this, there is no need to fully discharge it as this will shorten the lifespan of your battery. Once in a while, it's OK to do it if you want to recalibrate your battery meter.

Reinstalling Panther is unnecessary. Congrats on the awesome machine!

Also, pickup a nice sleeve for it from Tom Bihn. I have a monolith; it's awesome and fits in almost any standard backpack (the 12"/15" size, not the 17" size).

6. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

The software updates are in the liitle blue apple in the top left of the screen. You will have quite a few to do. Make sure you calibrate your battery properly. Charge/discharge/charge. Then your good to go. Congratulations and have fun!

7. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Do Not Forget to Calibrate Your Battery

8. CramSoup macrumors member

Is Charge/Drain/Charge, what you mean by calibrate the battery??? Or is there something else also????

9. daxdagr8t macrumors member

uhu, fully charge it, the fully drain it.congrats on the purchase