New Powerbook screen Problem...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by aethier, Oct 16, 2003.

1. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

:confused:

Hello, i just got my new 15 inch powerbook, everything is nice and dandy, except the screen. when ever something is highlighted, or is dark there is a bunch of red pixels that are there, and it is rather annoying... any suggestions?????

aethier

thanks

2. switchingGeek macrumors member

fixing the stuck red pixels..

Mine went away on it's own, in a few days. Others have also suggested massaging the pixels - read one of the posts on this page -
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41600#newpost

Best of luck with that!! Also if you have more than a few (undefined) stuck pixels, apple should replace it.

If you go to the nearest store within 5 days of purchase, apparently they are authorized to replace the unit. I read this on some other thread.

Best of luck!!

3. aethier thread starter macrumors 6502a

aethier

hmm, i dont think i was too clear, it is not dead pixels, it is probably a graphics card problem, to clear things up, my pixels are find, well i dont know how to explain very well. ok here i will try:

where ever there is dark shades, i get red pixels, they are not dead or stuck because when i move it around they go with the shadows. for exaample in the dock. the system prefs icon looks fine, then when oi click on it and it gets dark, i turns all red..

aethier

and it does it very much

4. Mblazened macrumors regular

5. aethier thread starter macrumors 6502a

aethier

excuse my impoliteness, but could you guys please give ideas, i sure as hell do not feel like having to send it back to apple, and white 2 weeks to get a new one, oh and my "D" key keeps popping out even when i put it back into its place..

aethier

6. aethier thread starter macrumors 6502a

aethier

my thought exacly, so do i have to send it back to apple. and they will send me a new one?

aethier

7. aethier thread starter macrumors 6502a

aethier

anyways, just got off the phone with apple support, and they said that i have to bring to be serviced.

aethier

thanks to all the responded

8. ebuc macrumors regular

D-KEY Problems

my d-key isn't working as well as the others, it takes more effort to make it actually work, so maybe its a problem in general, hmmmmmm