New Powerbook Ship dates

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by exbox, Jan 8, 2003.

1. exbox macrumors member

Mar 15, 2002
    sneaking up behind you with a knife...
    hello y'all. I ordered the new 12 inch powerbook g4, and I'm just wondering how Apple usually is with shipping date estimates. The store says its 2-4 weeks, but could it be sooner than that? I ordered it in the evening on the day of Steve's keynote, btw.
  2. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Jul 22, 2002
    Toledo, OH, formerly Twin Cities, MN
    At least it isn't 7-10 weeks for the 17" model.
    (It was 30 days right after MWSF :mad: )
  3. jaguarx macrumors regular

Jan 5, 2003
    Aww man i was hoping to pick up one of these in singapore in 2 weeks......
  4. Macsimus macrumors newbie

Jan 8, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The night of the keynote I ordered the PB-12" (custom built) at the Apple Store, and the estimated ship was 1-3 days, as others have reported.

I pray and pray and pray that the estimate is accurate, despite the "Two weeks" that SJ said.
  5. G4scott macrumors 68020

Jan 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Hey, when you get it in, could you sorta give us a review? I'd like to know how these computers stand up. You'll probably get yours before my local CompUSA gets them in stock.

The only thing that I'm worried about, is that the battery will stick out a bit, not even with the case, like it did on the iBooks, the screen may seem to be warped (like the iBooks), and the CD Drive may not be flush with the casse (like the iBooks :rolleyes: )

Hopefully Apple fixed these problems, and the aluminum that they use won't allow these little annoyances...
  6. Macsimus macrumors newbie

Jan 8, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I will indeed review. I'm hoping that folks who made it to MWSF will post on those issues sooner though.

And also on things like heat generation, fan volume, UI responsiveness, keyboard quality, screen brightness, etc.