Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toaster_oven

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2003
not sure
Freg3000 said:
I'm not in the market, but.......

Hallelujah!!!

hmmm... i'm definitely in the market...

but if they are updating the enclosure (or changing it drastically) wouldn't they wait until the apple expo in paris(Sept 20-24)? i think something like that is worthy of a keynote. they might also decide to speedbump the PBs as well (G5s anyone? :p ;) )... but it's moderately unlikely given that they were just updated in Feb. could happen, though.

-to

jonomo

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2005
:cool:
jmmdg6 said:
IBOOKS ARE COMING!!!!! (says the article). I will post the link again incase you are not able to scroll up from your excitement. The article says widescreen available as early as today!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am giddy. I'm not sure if I'm even being coherent right now?!?!?!
http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0507ibook.html

Uhmmm 15" wide... i wonder if they'll have a 13" or 12" wide.... I got rid of my 15" Tibook a while ago for something smaller... 13 wide would be ideal... anyway.... its undeniable... its happening this week fer sure!!!! :cool:

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
jonomo said:
:cool:

Uhmmm 15" wide... i wonder if they'll have a 13" or 12" wide.... I got rid of my 15" Tibook a while ago for something smaller... 13 wide would be ideal... anyway.... its undeniable... its happening this week fer sure!!!! :cool:

If they have 13" iBook widescreen, then they better update the Powerbooks soon. ha-ha.

MUCKYFINGERS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
CA
If the new iBooks are 14" widescreen, does that mean it'll have a higher resolution (unlike the 14" and 12" current iBooks, which have the same rez).

finalcoolman

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
The fact that tommorow the current iBook will be EXACTLY nine months old is a sign. All signs point towards an update tommorow!!! Only problem is if there is NO update tommorow, what will I do with myself? Throw myself away, quit my job since there is no point in working for money anymore and beg on the street? Wish I was never born?

yacho84

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2005
chicago, il
so it seems new ibooks, finally. or maybe not. that article doesn't seem very convincing really?

alas, i ordered mine about 1.7 days ago now. but it says that my computer won't be shipping until august 1st. is that a sign, or is apple just being really slow? :confused:

MUCKYFINGERS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
CA
Any idea if the 14" widescreen iBooks (assuming they are real and not vaporware) will be higher resolution than the preevious 14" iBooks?

evolutioneight

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2005
finalcoolman said:
The fact that tommorow the current iBook will be EXACTLY nine months old is a sign. All signs point towards an update tommorow!!! Only problem is if there is NO update tommorow, what will I do with myself? Throw myself away, quit my job since there is no point in working for money anymore and beg on the street? Wish I was never born?

Lets rally a crusade and head down to cupertino, seize the Apple campus in a glorious coup d'etat and force them to release the new iBooks. If they refuse, we'll build the damn things ourselves out of their flesh and bones. And if that fails, well... lets just ask them to give us some deals on ipod socks.

gregorydanger

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2004
Michigan
MUCKYFINGERS said:
Any idea if the 14" widescreen iBooks (assuming they are real and not vaporware) will be higher resolution than the preevious 14" iBooks?

Considering that in order to have a widescreen display the pixel amount, by default, has to be different (in order to take advantage of the widescreen -- 1024x768 will work on one but it makes no sense) so I'd assume so.

huy

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2005
Apple's front page is the one I always check first before rumour sites, after pending announcements/strong clues.

icarusflies

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2005
Widescreen ibooks

I'd LOVE a widescreen ibook

But considering apple just switched the manufacturer for the ibook a few months ago don't you think this could be a little too early? Even if apple had the design and form sorted to build widescreen macs, it would be very optimistic for any manufacturer to deliver in two months [I am assuming the manufacturing contract WAS awarded shortly before it was announced, if it was awarded earlier widescreen ibooks could be out today:D]

Expect a speed bump, 64mb graphics - but I think that's all we'll get.
Paris Expo might be the date for the widescreen version.
Although apple are known for surprises.

Three hours and we'll know

Hattig

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2003
London, UK
icarusflies said:
Widescreen ibooks

I'd LOVE a widescreen ibook

But considering apple just switched the manufacturer for the ibook a few months ago don't you think this could be a little too early? Even if apple had the design and form sorted to build widescreen macs, it would be very optimistic for any manufacturer to deliver in two months [I am assuming the manufacturing contract WAS awarded shortly before it was announced, if it was awarded earlier widescreen ibooks could be out today:D]

Expect a speed bump, 64mb graphics - but I think that's all we'll get.
Paris Expo might be the date for the widescreen version.
Although apple are known for surprises.

Three hours and we'll know

I'd love one as well, I might have to spend an hour comparing the specs and performing mental value calculations before ordering if that is the case. Poor ol' credit card.

I think that was announced 3 months ago? Those companies can easily knock out that many systems in that time, I assume they've been making them for a month now after two months tooling and waiting for the 7448 (I'm ever hopeful!) to get shipped from Freescale.

But yes, 3 hours. Can't wait.

lpshean

macrumors regular
May 30, 2005
Hattig said:
But yes, 3 hours. Can't wait.

Why specifically 3 hours? Im not living in the US and i dont get it. :)

It's 6.26 PM, 19th July, Tuesday here. :cool:

Hattig

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2003
London, UK
lpshean said:
Why specifically 3 hours? Im not living in the US and i dont get it. :)

It's 6.26 PM, 19th July, Tuesday here. :cool:

I'm in the UK. Apple store usually goes down at 1.30pm here (8.30am pacific?) if there are updates. It is now 11.40, so we'll know in two hours if there is anything interesting happening.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Three hours makes it about 7am Tuesday morning in Cupertino - it's when Apple will often release updates although recent events have shown that Tuesdays are no longer all that important.

lpshean

macrumors regular
May 30, 2005
Rightt... i never knew that Apple updates their stuff at a particular day or that the Store goes down at a particular time.

Well... we'll just have to wait and see, won't we? But i have learnt not to put my expectations up too high! With Apple, you can never tell.

unknownfairy

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2005
Australia/UK
I thought everyone was being ridiculous expecting updates today, as there'd been no real indicators, but now TS is reporting it I have more hope. They are usually pretty on the ball...

PLEASE NEW IBOOKS TODAY!

mellow2bits

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2005
Netherlands
Son of iBook?

finalcoolman said:
The fact that tommorow the current iBook will be EXACTLY nine months old is a sign.

so after nine months it is time for the son of iBook (or daughter, for that matter): a new formfactor including a new screen... let's hope the screen will be brighter so we can actually use the new iBook outside during the day. and I'd really like to see the motion detection sensor that parks the HD before impact when dropping your iBook. that would emphasise the iBook's robusteness...

and a small speedbump would be nice, along with better graphics card and standard 512ram...

just dreaming...;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.