NEW POWERBOOKS!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Rob587, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

Now I know this topic has been killed over and over, but I have more of a specific question that concerns my personal situation. I assume now that everyone thinks the next big update of the powerbook will be at the next quarters keynote at sanfransisco (not sure of what theyre called "MSWF?") Anyway if it does come out then(may?) will I be able to get it in time before I get shipped off to college that starts in the fall?

2. mactropy macrumors member

mactropy

I don't think we'll have a significant bump or re-design. So, we'll probably see an update that is not announce within a major keynote.
    I'm expecting a minor speed bump (as rumored) within the next 4 weeks.

3. Rob587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rob587

well, lets say hypothetically that they come out in june at the "MWDC"(w/e), how long will it take from then for me to get one?

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I'm expecting a bump by the end of January but nothing spectacular. I didn't expect there to be an announcement at MWSF because of the prior direction of not giving hardware updates at major expositions and recent history confirming that.

5. altair macrumors regular

Wait a week and get one, your not gunna have a huge change in the line, so just buy it and enjoy :)

6. maya macrumors 68040

maya

BINGO. Or first week of Feb 2005. :)