new powerbooks

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by applefan2002, Jul 18, 2002.

1. applefan2002 macrumors newbie

When do you think the new powerbooks are going to come? Just imagine a 1.0 GHz PowerPC G4 Chip and a superdrive ddr sdram and jaguar preinstalled and a 6 hour battery life. I want in the ultimate configuration of it and the powermac in ultimate configuration. I think they will come in Macworld Paris or San Fransisco 2003. I think it will be great.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

There have been a few threads started in the recent past regarding a TiBook 1Ghz, one or two of them by me ;) I WANT ONE!
    The general feeling seems to be that we will see the 1Ghz Ti at MWSF I think, personally I hope it's sooner.
    I can't see any reason why they couldn't release them in 2-3 months.
    Get the towers up to 1.4Ghz then the Ti can go to 1Ghz is my thinking.
    Either way I can't wait!! :D :D :D :D

3. PyroTurtle macrumors regular

i would think, like september....ok, well, hope...but that's just my speculation...

4. ArtMan617 macrumors regular

Knowing Apple's tendency to introduce product updates at the strangest times (in addition to at conventions) I would expect an TiBook update sometime between now and MWSF. Just don't be surprised if you log on to Apple's site one day and see an update out of the blue...

-ArtMan617

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

I think September or early October sounds about right. As for speeds if Apple REALLY pushes their PowerMacs to high speeds by then (and Motorola finally learns how to spell the word "ignorance") then we would see 1.0GHz. I reallize that a full 200MHz jump has not been done before on the Powerbooks, but I think it can very easily be achieved.

6. Mr Jobs macrumors regular

i wonder if 6 hours battery life will be possible at 1Ghz

7. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

MW Paris would be a possible release time/place if Apple is going to update the TiBooks (rev. d).

8. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Not bloodly likely. Unless you downclock it to about 500MHz, dim the display all the time and generally hamstring the hell out of it. :rolleyes:

If you NEED that much battery time, get a second battery. You can place the TiBook to sleep and change it without loosing ANY information. That is part of the TiBook energy management system (you have ~1 minute to install the second/other battery from when you pull the other one).

There are also both auto and airplane power adapter kits/units for sale that will allow you to use the laptop while traveling (and not deplete the battery). If you fly a lot, get one, along with a spare/second battery. Is it really that hard to figure out???

9. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

make smaller transistors and then you get more speed and less voltage and better battery time

that is the rumor for a future version of apollo g4, but six hours would still be a stretch on one charge

like alphatech says it's best to bring an extra battery

the pentium 4 runs cool enough to put in a laptop in it's desktop version, something they couldn't do with pentium 3 and they did this with p4's low voltage draw