New Powermac acting weird??

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by nospleen, Apr 30, 2005.

1. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

Hello, I purchased the older dual 2.0 (2499 model) after the new ones were announced. (could not pass up the price) Anyway, it was factory sealed unit. When I put it to sleep, I would say, one out of every four or five times, it makes a fluttering noise. (definately audible) On top of that, about every four or five times when waking from sleep, it goes right back to sleep and I have to hit return again? :confused: It passes the hardware test just fine, and the ram is just the factory ram from Apple. Any ideas?

2. nospleen thread starter macrumors 68000

nospleen

Anyone? If this is a possible big deal, I would prefer to return it, it is only 2 days old. Thanks!

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

4. nospleen thread starter macrumors 68000

nospleen

Yes, I am up to date on everything, 10.3.9 and I repaired permissions, zapped the p-ram, etc. :confused:

5. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

if you have Tiger, try to install that and see if it works, if you don't have it try and reinstall panther.

if that doesn't work, call apple

6. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

Yep Tiger Fixed all sleep/fan problems for me. I would recommend giving it a try.

7. nospleen thread starter macrumors 68000

nospleen

My copy of Tiger is on the way. Hopefully it will help, but I am wondering if this is a hardware problem. Did you ever have a weird fluttering/clicking noise when sleeping your mac?